My camera's shutter stays open in dark pictures?

My 35mm camera's shutter stays open in dark photos. I know why but I want the photo to be dark. How can I change it to just take quick pictures

• keerok
    Favorite Answer

To make a picture dark, shoot in very low light but shine your subject with just enough light to make it just slightly underexposed. This should make the background and foreground remain relatively black with the subject retaining its correct colors. If you simply underexpose the shot severely, what you'll get is a murky hue of brown all over.

http://keerok-potd.blogspot.com/2011/05/prusisyon....

Change your shutter speed. If you don't have a tripod and you shake a lot taking pictures and you want to avoid blur, use a shutter speed of 1/60 or higher so you don't get that blur in the picture :)

Tip: the faster your shutter speed is the darker your picture will be. Ex: if you use a 1/200 shutter speed you won't get a very bright picture if your indoors.

Source(s): Expert on photography