After dying clothes with Rit dye, will they always bleed ? read:?

I died some white t-shirts and it seems that every time I wash them now, they bleed some. Is there a product we are supposed to put on something we have dyed with Rit dye to set it in or a procedure ? I've never done it before

Favorite Answer

This problem was addressed already here in Yahoo! Answers and the answer by Paul B is terrific:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=200808...

She writes: "The only way to set Rit dye in cotton, after washing out the dye until the water is clear, is to use a commercial dye fixative called Retayne, which will effectively glue the Rit dye in place so that it does not wash out as quickly. Without Retayne, Rit will fade quickly and ruin any other clothing it is washed with."

• Anne M

There is a product but I don't know what it is. Have a look at the instructions on the dye packaging, it may be there.

In the mean time soak the shirts in a bucket of warm water with a handful of salt. Wring out and then re soak in warm water with a cup of white vinegar. If one method doesn't help the other will.

Do what the instructions say: dont use them on your outfits. it ought to injury the fabric or make holes, etc.. Why dont you purely do the comparable undertaking u did with the purple (haircolor) to the area u want black? If all else fails, purely look at categories of fabric dyes at your interior of reach craft keep!