Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 9 years ago

Is it possible to feel a baby's movement at only 15 weeks?

As of today I'm 15wks pregnant. & the past week or so I have felt some sharp lower belly pains sometimes sort of like the baby is moving maybe. But doc says you definitely can't feel a baby move yet.

You probably won't feel your baby kick until sometime between 16 and 22 weeks, even though he started moving at 7 or 8 weeks, and you may have already witnessed his acrobatics if you've had an ultrasound.

Veteran moms tend to notice those first subtle kicks – also known as "quickening" – earlier than first-time moms. (A woman who's been pregnant before can more easily distinguish her baby's kicks from other belly rumblings, such as gas.)

Your build may also have something to do with when you'll be able to tell a left jab from a hunger pang. Thinner women tend to feel movement earlier and more often than women who carry more weight.

What does it feel like?

Women have described the sensation as being like popcorn popping, a goldfish swimming around, or butterflies fluttering. You'll probably chalk up those first gentle taps or swishes in your belly to gas or hunger pains, but once you start feeling them more regularly, you'll recognize the difference. You're more likely to feel these early movements when you're sitting or lying quietly.

Source(s): Babycenter

When you start to feel your baby it is soft like bubbles or butterfly wings brushing you. I actually felt my son (first baby) at 13 weeks. I wouldn't have known for sure except that the day after I first felt it I had an ultrasound and they located him right where I felt the bubbles. It was such a light feeling that could be easily missed.

Source(s): ``
  • hello

Its highly unlikely, and thats not what movement feels like anyways... sharp lower pains are not baby movements.

I felt my baby's first movements at 14 weeks but they were extremely light and feathery soft, it wouldn't be sharp.

when your baby moves it feels like a butterfly moving in your tummy, or like a slight tapping. not sharp pains. that could be your uterus stretching. It's possible at 15 weeks if this isn't your first kiddo.

Source(s): 13 weeks and haven't felt baby move yet

You can't feel the baby, its to small.

But cramping its a sign of growth.