Will i get more jail time if i skip out on my required sentace to do my jail time date?

i got charged in washington state for theft 3 for stealing a 25 dollar watch and got sentaced 10 days in jail on december 20th. i really do not want to be in there for xmas and want to spend it with my family. will they charge me with more time if i turn myself in say on the 26th?

thank you. any info helps

Favorite Answer

yes you will be

and a warrant will be issued for your arrest and you could be given at least 6 months or longer for faluire to abide by a court order .. if it says before the 20th go in early and get it over with

That's harsh giving you a sentence over Christmas. I am getting sentenced in January and because of that am going to make the most of Christmas with my family

Yes you will.

Source(s): ....I am a retired police officer. I retired as a sergeant, after 29 years, from a very large department, about 12,000 officers. I was a patrol officer for 4 years in a very diverse area. I was a tactical officer in the high rise project areas of my city. We called it vertical patrol in that we walked the the stairways of the high rises most of the time. I did that for 5 years and was promoted by test to detective. I worked violent crime (homicide, sex, officer involved shootings, robbery, kidnapping, serious non property incidents) for 11 years until I was promoted to sergeant. I worked as a street supervisor, a bicycle patrol supervisor and a desk sergeant/watch commander. During my time as a tactical officer and a detective I was a unit representative for the police union. I have a B.A in English and an M.S. in Law Enforcement Administration....