Can I add a bench seat in a chevy s10?

I may be getting my dad's chevy s10 (1999) when I get my license. It has 2 seats in the front, and a sideways seat in the back. But the sideways seat is squashy, so I want to add a bench seat in the front. It has a console, so I was gonna take it out. I would preferably like to leave the seats and get just a middle seat for the truck. Can I buy just a middle seat and have a qualified person put it in? It has to have at least a 2-point seatbelt.

Favorite Answer

Yes. This is very possible. My friend just did the opposite. He had a 1997 S10 (same truck but with updated dash and grille). But he took the bench seat out because they are lame. The seats bolt right in because both options were available from the factory. The center console will come out no problem. The only problem you might have is setting up the seatbelts properly.

You cannot buy a middle seat. The seats in the S10 were 3 different options. You had the bench seat (in single cab models only I believe), the 2 buckets (with the center console in the middle like you have), and the third option was a 60/40 seat. This means that the driver's seat is wider and has an arm rest/middle seat. The middle seat is part of the driver's seat. I suppose if you just wanted a middle seat and not a bench seat then you could just get the driver's seat from a 60/40

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Can I add a bench seat in a chevy s10?

I may be getting my dad's chevy s10 (1999) when I get my license. It has 2 seats in the front, and a sideways seat in the back. But the sideways seat is squashy, so I want to add a bench seat in the front. It has a console, so I was gonna take it out. I would preferably like to leave the...

Source(s): add bench seat chevy s10: https://shortly.im/vsFsO
  • plyler

S10 Seats

Yes, in fact Chevy made this bench seat as the standard seat on the basic s10, so just search the junk yards, should be easy, you can probably even find one the right color.

Source(s): jd

should fit pretty much everyone made.... but why not use a tape measure or some string

difficult subject. query on to bing and yahoo. it will help!