Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 9 years ago

What can you do if you're feeling suicidal?

I've dealt with depression for a while. My best friend committed suicide a couple months ago. Even though I'm on Zoloft, I can't deal with the pain. I lie in bed all day long. I haven't even seen the sunlight today... I need to know what I can do. I want to get help, I just don't know how.

Favorite Answer

TALK TALK TO SOMEONE! I can stress this enough. Talk to the psychiatrist who prescribed you the antidepressants. Antidepressants are the worse things you can use to get rid of depression. Your friend's suicide may have had a big impact on you and added to your depression. Ever heard of exercises, going out for jogging or going to the mall alone or with people? Even if its just a walk around the neighbourhood at night breathing the fresh air can help alot. You need to fight this depression don't let it win. You're stronger than that. You may need some motivation, try something your good at: Drawing, writing or even reading books. Reading books are great, try some depression help books, they give you great advice. I'm listening to happy music right now and it makes me happy. I know how you feel but push the suicidal thoughts away, say to yourself im not weak i can beat this. Try to make new Friends or get a pet. There are many other ways just search the internet or sign up for a depression forum online. God bless and help you hun.

• kathy

well i want to help you call 1-800-273-talk(8255) the world would be a sad place without your smiling face so please dont give up ok GOD bless you im sorry for the loss of your friend , make sure you go outside tomorrow into the sunshine and take some small walks if you can.also go to an urgent care in your area get help for the pain your experiencing ,look urgent care up online' they are all over the place. or the hospital keep trying till you get some relief ok.take care

Right now, if you really need someone to talk to at the moment, you can call the National Suicide Hotline @ 1-800-273-8255. They'll help you out discreetly and confidentially, no questions asked.

You need to find someone, to talk to. Family, Friends, Professionals... take advantage of anyone to open up to. In a percentage of people taking anti-depressants the thought of suicide increases. Go back to your doctor to on how to change your medication.

Good Luck,

Source(s): Former EMT

tell a school consler becasue by law they have to tell your parents?gaurdians about those feelings or just tell them directly and something i do to make me feel better is to go exercising or keep a diary and writ down what you feel like you need to