Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 9 years ago

how do i get rid of my stretch marks?

I am 17 next month and i have horrible purple/red stretch marks on my inner thighs and some on one of my legs, they make me really self concious and i feel that i cant wear dresses, skirts etc because im embarrassed of them, i am not overweight i think they are due to stress etc i dont know, but i am going on holiday soon and i want them to be gone for then, how do i get rid of them? i have been using Bio Oil for months but it doesnt seem to be doing anything, please help!

Get rid of Stretch Marks?

Sorry but you can't get rid of stretch marks (except by cosmetic laser treatments) I would stop worrying as nearly all girls (and some boys) will get them as they 'fill out' Over time they will gradually fade. Once a stretchmark has already formed, no creams or lotions will be able to reduce their appearance. Numerous trials have been studied and no cream has been proven to work at making them disappear. It's just a matter of time... Keep on moisturising though to help prevent further ones from forming.

As far as stretch marks, nothing can help much because skin fibers in those places stretched out too far and snapped like a rubber band. Fibers healed and white scars formed, that's why you get those white stripes.The only way to get rid of them is to abrade top layer (sand them off like old paint).

I used regular Cetaphil body lotion to mix with medical crystals, then I scrubbed stretch marks in the shower with this paste.My skin was smooth as glass very first time I treated my stomach and now after 1 month they are almost invisible. Just google medical crystals to see how the process works.

There are creams out there that can help get rid of your stretch marks, but you need to find the right one.

I found this on the site I put in the source box below:

Things to look for in a stretch mark cream

There are a lot of creams and ointments out there that claim to remove stretch marks. The best way to fight stretch marks is to increase your skins flexibility before your stretch marks start appearing by using a topical cream on the area before the skin starts to show stretch marks. If you already have stretch marks, hope is not lost. There are creams out there that contain ingredients that help heal the skin while minimizing scar tissue.

Some of the key ingredients that you will want to make sure your cream contains are:

Vitamin A Palmitate

Vitamin A is an essential vitamin and is best known for having positive effects on vision. However Vitamin A is just as important to the largest organ; the skin.

Clinical studies have shown vitamin A to have properties that block the absorption of harmful UVA and UVB rays, as well as a stimulating effect on cell regeneration. It has been clinically shown to improve the appearance of striae (stretch marks) and regulate epidermal (skin) cell growth.

Aloe Vera Extract

Aloe vera has been shown in clinical studies to have a positive effect on wound healing and holds anti-inflammatory properties.

As stretch marks start out as microscopic tears in skin layers due to overstretching of the dermis, aloe vera helps heal these small wounds without causing scar tissue to form, effectively preventing the appearance of stretch marks. Aloe vera has been used for thousands of years by the Egyptians, Romans, Greeks, Arabs, Indians and Chinese to decrease the appearance of scars and to moisturize and heal skin.

This extract from the aloe leaf protects skin from environmental factors and promotes skin regeneration.

Grapefruit Seed Extract

Grapefruit seed extract is a natural antibiotic used for many different types of skin ailments. It is a powerful ingredient to aid in the healing of skin damage. Grapefruit seed extract helps to restore damaged collagen and elastin, which strengthens and retextures the skin.

As collagen and elastin are responsible for the skins elasticity, improving and stimulating production of the connective tissue cells will prevent skin from tearing and thus prevent the formation of stretch marks. The condition of the skins connective tissue also dictates how well the skin contracts after pregnancy. So not only does this compound improve the condition of your stretching skin, after the delivery it will also aid in the contraction of your skin to its previous appearance.

DL-Penthenol

DL-Penthenol is the scientific name for pro-vitamin B5. It has healing properties on damaged skin as it works to improve the structure of both the lower and upper skin layers. DL-Panthenol soothes skin while stimulating cell growth and differentiation.

This ingredient aids in the regeneration of the skin, therefore aiding in reducing the appearance of existing stretch marks by replacing the scar tissue with new skin cells. It also acts to prevent stretch marks by promoting collagen and elastin production, which allows your skin to stretch without rupturing and causing stretch marks.

A cream that has shown to be highly effective at preventing stretch marks as well as healing stretch marks that you already have is called Stretch Mark Prevention by Revitol.

Whether you are afraid that stretch marks may be in your future of if they are already a part of your life, a good Stretch Mark Prevention cream is what you will want on your side!

Source(s): Wellsphere: How To Choose The Best Stretch Mark Removal Cream http://www.wellsphere.com/skin-beauty-article/how-...

Scrub hard with a lufa and use ginsing cream

Use. Creams

i have learned to at lest try to use cocoa butter