How can I fix the keyboard on my laptop?

I spilled Izze soda on my keyboard a while ago. My computer works fine now, except for the keyboard. The J, K, N, M, <, and space keys are now hard to press. The space key is especially annoying. How can I fix this or at least improve it?

BTW I have a macbook pro.

Cleaning with denatured alcohol while the system is turned off and battery removed might help. Try not to get it too wet and make sure that it is fully dry before you power it back on.

P.S. popping the keys off might be a bad idea. Some of them are really hard to put back on and its easy to break them, I'd use that as a last resort.

Just stick your fingernail under the key and pull it up (don't worry, it won't break it) and take off any metal parts. Then submerge the key in soap and water. If the metal parts were affected, clean it with a brush (that was dipped in the soapy water) and dry it off completely (so it won't rust). Then put the key back on, just remember this: http://www.laptoprepair101.com/laptop/2007/03/20/k...

Ive done the same thing. Try and clean the keys. Maybe you can remove them carefully and then take a q tip or something to clean it properly. Good luck!

• Sledge hammer