How much are ice skates supposed to cost? I live in Toronto Ontario.?

I found a good (and super comfortable) pair at Canadian Tire for $54.99. They were on sale from $89.99. I still thought they were a bit pricey, I thought skates are supposed to cost 30-40. Mind you, I really don't mind spending the 54.99, since the quality was good but they were Reebok, so I was wondering if I'm really only paying for the brand. Is it a good price?

they were female figure skates with a nice cushioning on the inside.

Favorite Answer

Pricey? Are you kidding me? Good skates for beginners should AT LEAST cost 100-160 dollars! If they are quality name skates then they'd go over that! My advice to you is to try it on because no skates should cost 54.99! Especially if they are "quality skates". If something feels wrong when you are skating, go to the pro shop manager and ask them what they thing. It's too good of a price. It's almost a steal and when it comes to figure skates, you can never have a good price. As K is trying to say, there must be a catch with that price. Now, while your skates feel good when you tried them on, they may have week ankle support. If you have week ankle support, you will not be able to do jumps or even skate for that matter. I highly recommend you go to a professional and ask them what they think.

Source(s): Hope I helped

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I found a good (and super comfortable) pair at Canadian Tire for $54.99. They were on sale from $89.99. I still thought they were a bit pricey, I thought skates are supposed to cost 30-40. Mind you, I really don't mind spending the 54.99, since the quality was good but they were Reebok, so I...

Source(s): ice skates supposed cost live toronto ontario: https://biturl.im/DUCld
  • katzen

Figure skates (for beginners) are meant to cost $90-$150.

I would not recommend buying skates from an all sports store, especially not Reebok. They are not properly designed and do not provide the right support and what not.

Skates that cost $30-$40 are even worse, an accident waiting to happen.

I suggest you go to an ice skating proshop and get fitted for a good brand of skates, eg. Jackson, Riedell, Risport.

Congratulations, you just wasted $54.99.

Those skates will be rubbish. They won't have anywhere near the ankle support of a real skate, they will have a blade that will be impossible to sharpen, and so on.

You'd have been better forking out the $150 for a pair of proper figure skates. Even if you don't plan on figure skating, they're so much better quality that they would last you years.

And Reebok, too. Not even a real skate-maker.

Source(s): figure skater

If you got these http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/5/SportsRec/... you got ripped off.