Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 9 years ago

Why is my period still not regular even if I'm on birth control?

I have been on birth control for over a year now. I was on one brand for 5 months, but saw no progress in regulating my period. I then switched to another brand and have been on it for 5 months, and again no progress in regulation. I essentially have two periods a month; one when my body tells me to get it and one when my birth control tells me to get it. Any ideas of why this is happening/what I can do to regulate it?

Favorite Answer

There are many causes for the symptoms you describe and without examining you and asking questions it is impossible to give any form of diagnosis. It can sometimes take 3 or 4 changes of pill before you find one that suits you.

You need to see your doctor again, he alone can do the necessary tests and change your pill. Although the people on ‘Answers’ mean well, only your doctor has the training and experience necessary to cure you. The sooner you consult him/her the sooner you will be back to normal.

It may be helpful if you write down your symptoms as they occur and note where in your cycle it happens. Your doctor may find this of assistance when prescribing your medication.