Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 9 years ago

Can traveling help depression?

I'm a 16 year old girl. I've been struggling with depression for 5 years now. I feel so alone and empty, I don't even know how this happened but I've been diagnosed with depression. I feel like seeing the world and getting out their could help, but I don't have money. Also please don't give me answers telling me to grow up and get over it, you make me feel worse. I'm trying to make positive changes in my life. I really want to be happy, believe I'm trying. I feel lost and don't know how, I became the way I am.

No it's Britney Spears, the women I'd die to be!

Favorite Answer

Those freaks who tell you to suck it up are the real losers who try to make people feel bad. They have no idea whats its like to have depression. I have depression for 4 years now. Talk to someone first, a teacher, counsellor or your psychiatrist. Anti depressed are the worst things you can possibly use to try to help yourself. Its fake happiness. AND YES! being outdoors can do wonders and it may even help you get outta yourself and stop taking those damn anti-depressants. You don't have to travel far, try going on a camping trip in a near by forest. I'm sure you have have natural environment near where you live. Like a lake or a forest. Don't be afraid to go far BUT not far to endanger yourself. This place where you live may have its beautiful scenery. Just do research. God bless and help you. Stay strong dear.

It completely depends on the person. If traveling is something that makes YOU happy, then yes, it can very well help with depression. That's what you have to do, find things that make you happy! Maybe you can ask for money for Christmas instead of presents, and go on a little weekend vacation with your family or friends...for a start!

I was depressed until I rode space mountain in Disney land. It may differ for you

Source(s): I went to disneyland

have u tried Horse riding

or swimming

or tennis

or working out (lift weight) < they said that weight lifting helps losing depression

If that is really you on your avatar picture,I think you will have no problem finding a nice boyfriend to make you feel better. :)