Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsPhotography · 9 years ago

Photographer interview questions?

Hi, I need to interview a photographer (full time, part time, intern, wannabe, freelance, all are welcome) as a part of a research paper for college. So if your interested in some easy points just answer these questions about yourself for me :)

1. How did you first get interested in photography?

2. What is your biggest accomplishment in this field?

3. What did you major in college?

4. Are you satisfied with your salary?

5. How much experience have you had in this field?

6. What is your favorite part of this job?

7. Least favorite?

8. What other careers did you consider?

9.What type of camera do you use?

10. How do you process your photos?

• keerok
    Favorite Answer

1. Tinkering with my dad's Kodak Ektra 110 instamatic.

2. Dozens of printed albums of my two kids.

3. Veterinary Medicine, board- passer.

4. Photography is a sideline for me. Enough to get me new equipment each year.

5. More than 30 years.

6. Free food during wedding assignments.

7. Having to deal with the teen-age emo phase.

8. I teach computers for a living.

9. All of them but mainly dSLR's.

10. I take the picture then pay my favorite shop to do the printing. Very little computer work if none at all. I thrive to get it right in-camera.

Dude, I had to do this for my uni course and one of the main reasons why we did it was to make connections and network with other photographers who's work we admire on a one to one basis. It gave us the opportunity to learn how to approach other photographers with so in the future we would be confident to contact others should we want or need to.

It would be in your best interest to email a photographer who you like directly and have a conversation. Just be really polite in your email as they will be busy and most likely receive other student emails. So long as you're serious and respectful they should be happy to spare a few minutes to help a fellow photographer out.