US Army questions plz help!!?

1: how do you join the 101st or 82nd airborne/ other airborne divisions

2: how does 19d work for airborne divisions

3: do airborne troops still use parachute operations in iraq and Afghanistan

4: do 19Ds fight exclusively on vehicles or do they fight on foot sometimes

5: if soldiers use their own money are they allowed to use non-standard issue weapons (m1911a, ak-47 ect)

Thanks for the help!!

2 Answers

  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    1. You get assigned there. Like every other unit in the Army. The 101st is Air Assault..not Airborne..despite the historical name. Haven't been Airborne since the early 70s.

    2. The same as every other MOS assigned to an Airborne division.

    3. They have. Though not much. Hasn't been much of a call for forced entry operations required of Airborne units in those two conflicts.

    4. You will habitually operate from vehicles as a 19D.

    5. No. You use what is issued. Period.

    Source(s): Me, 23 years in the US Army
  • belva
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

    look into the Air rigidity first! the advantages a procedures out attain that of the army! in case you proceed to exist base interior the Air rigidity you haven't any longer have been given do pay any utilities. interior of three years of the Air rigidity you would be a SrA and could make extra money. After that it relies upon on you and how complicated you learn. The Air rigidity housing is a thousand million cases extra appropriate then the army's! to no longer point out the deployment time is 3/4 to a million/2 the time of the army's!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.