Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 8 years ago

and that brings me to my next question..British Spelling or American Spelling..?

Programme instead of Program? .. really?.. Dou(GH)-freakin-nut instead of simply Donut? .. whyy??

i mean.. im not against traditional spelling. but .im just lazy and i want things spelled as they sound. and i think american english is pretty much simplified and more obvious than ours.. and i like it no matter what people say. and im British in case you still have doubts :D

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

British Spellings are the best Dusty !! ...

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

American!

• American.

I started learning British English, but I switched to American later

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

British English spelling of cause

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

I know most of you probably aren't going to read this, but next week I turn 19, and I want to become a walrus. I know there's a million people out there just like me, I promise you I'm different. On December 14th, I'm moving to Antarctica (home of the greatest walruses). I've already cut off my arms, and now slide on my stomach everywhere I go as training I may not be a walrus yet, but I promise you if you give me a chance and the support I need I will become the greatest walrus ever

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I know most of you probably aren't going to read this, but next week I turn 19, and I want to become a walrus. I know there's a million people out there just like me, I promise you I'm different. On December 14th, I'm moving to Antarctica (home of the greatest walruses). I've already cut off my arms, and now slide on my stomach everywhere I go as training I may not be a walrus yet, but I promise you if you give me a chance and the support I need I will become the greatest walrus ever

• 8 years ago

I like American spelling because its simpler, although I spell doughnut like that. And I just realized that spell checker considers it wrong on yahoo answers for me. haha. But for spelling i prefer color over colour, theater over theatre, etc.

• CR07
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Dusty you need to stick to British spelling like me, cz were British lol...

• 8 years ago

I don't prefer American spelling because I'm lazy but because it seems more sensible.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I'm sorry mate..I mean dude but I prefer the American way cause I'm American.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.