I got gauges ad I need help?

So I got 12g. It's a starter. Do u take them out and wash them? And how long do u keep them in?

Favorite Answer

keep it in until the hole is well stretch and doesnt hurt and you should clean them good so your ears wont get infected

You're supposed to start at 18g, 16g or 14g but that's pushing it. You clean around them with a antibacterial soap, or sea salt soaks which I highly recommend, usually people keep them in 4-6 weeks. The longer the wait the better, massage your ears daily with vitamin e, jojoba or emu oil. Keep them moisturized.

Since you're starting out don't keep tapers (the long pointed ones) in for long periods of time it distorts your lobe. No acrylic, silicone, organic materials for fresh stretches. Stick to metal, glass, pyrex non-porous materials until your ears are healed.

Do not skip sizes, and stretching should never hurt besides the mild sting and slight discomfort.

No don't take them out to wash them. Keep then in for 1-2 months before your next stretch. To make it faster, buy ONLY teflon (pipe) tape or bondage tape and wrap it around once or twice every few days. Do not use any other tape because it contains chemicals. Use warm sea salt water soaks for 5 minutes daily or H2Ocean.

Video to help you out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA4z2RMuII4

Youtube thumbnail

I usually leave mine in when I clean them, but you can take them out. And I'm assuming you mean how long do you keep them in before going to the next size, wait at least 2 weeks, more if they're not fully healed