Is "kimi" a male exclusive Japanese pronoun?

Most of my reference books say that "kimi" is for use only by male Japanese speakers (like "boku"), but I've heard a lot of girls use it in movies and shows. Is it appropriate for women to use "kimi"?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • soph
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

"kimi" is mostly used by male but some young girls use it too.

Source(s): mother tongue
  • belva
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

In Hebrew God does no longer have a gender. there are particular words that describe God that are masculine, and a few that are female. case in point: God being king over Israel is defined interior the masculine. God being a protector over Israel is the two masculine and woman. God's partnership with humanity is masculine. God comforting Israel is defined interior the female (as a woman comforts a new child) God giving delivery to his human beings is defined interior the female God nurses his human beings is defined interior the female the mild of God and his presence is likewise female. the issue with the English language is that nouns are all strictly independent, so gender gets lost in translation. usually, whilst the gender isn't universal, it is going to the masculine.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

im putting this comment here so i can come back and see an answer i would like to know also xD

• 9 years ago

not exclusive, it is just a preference. it is an informal/close way to say you

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.