:)
:) asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 9 years ago

How to get stains of off a woven Christmas sweater?

I bought a Christmas sweater from a thrift store yesterday but it has a lot of stains on it. It's white, green, gray, and blue and the tag says "55% Ramie, 45% cotton, machine wash warm gentle cycle, dry flat, only non chlorine bleach when needed". the white part however, is reaalllyy dingy and the collar area looks almost orangeish. it looks like a reaaalllyyy old piece but it still has a lot of wear to it.

How do I get rid of as much of the dingy-ness and stains as possible? I don't have the time to go out and buy non chlorine bleach so... any home remedies? special ways to wash it in the washer? anything?

FA did you not read what I wrote? it says "only NON chlorine bleach" so bleach will ruin it unless it's colour friendly and I don't have the time to go out and buy it either

• Anne M
    Favorite Answer

You might try a paste of oxyclean <if you have it, and water or laundry powder and water or bicarb soda and water. Rub the paste into the stain and leave for a couple of hours. Check the stain and if it is getting paler, re apply.and leave for another couple of hours. Should do the trick. Hand wash in wool detergent and rinse in warm water with half a cup of white vinegar. You can spin dry it, then lay it flat on an old towel, gently pull into shape and allow to dry naturally.

• olvey

a coffee and tannin remover from a janitorial grant or carpet cleansing grant. 6 dollars for a quart. coffee stains could be confusing because of the fact whilst cream and sugar are mixed at the same time with the coffee, it is going to become an entire new element. no 2 coffee stains are alike.

• FA.

bleach