Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRap and Hip-Hop · 9 years ago

What's up with the Jesus artwork for Friend of The People when Lupe Fiasco is a Muslim?

It's kinda stupid, then again it's mixtape, don't expect a GOAT pic for a mixtape

Update:

Lets see if this will post

If it doesn't, it's because yahoo hates Muslims or even Y!A thinks FOTP was whack

Update 2:

lol @ no answers

7 Answers

Relevance
  • El-P
    Lv 4
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Jesus is the most quoted prophet in the quran you ignorant ****.

• 9 years ago

I mean, he doesn't have to be Christian to have Jesus as the cover of his mixtape. Maybe he is just recognizing that Jesus was a very influential figure and the centerpiece to Christianity.

Also, in Islam, Jesus is a prophet.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Maybe it has to do with Jesus being a savior of his believers. A "Friend of The People" and being a savior he must "Fight Evil" And the full title of the mixtape is "Friend of The People, I Fight Evil"

• VA
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Islam also believes in Jesus. He's a prophet in the religion. It shouldn't matter anyway, that mixtape was wack, lol.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Muslims believe in Jesus, just not that he was the son of God.

• Elm
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Jesus is still Important to Muslims: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_in_Islam

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I kinda think that Lupe was on acid when he was making artwork/naming/production decisions for that album. Especially for WWJD He'd Prolly LOL Like WTF?!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.