What kind of people wear Doc Marten boots?

i bought some.. but i'm not goth, emo or punk. i just think they look super cool, edgy and i know they're comfortable because my dad wears the shoes and says their amazing. so do i have to be like goth or punk for them to look good? i usually have been wearing them with leggins and jeans.. so what i'm asking is do i have to be a certain way or else they wont look good?

Update:

thanks so much.. that really helped me.. i got the shortest ones they are black with 8 holes

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

No.

Doc Martens were originally meant to be affordable footwear for British factory workers. They gained popularity as a fashion item in the late '70s with the punk movement and have stayed, pretty much unchanged, in fashion in one way or another ever since.

Sure, if you get calf height bright red ones, you're making a definitive statement, but most more ordinary looking ones are just fine for pretty much anybody.

• 5 years ago

Hon, the beauty of blue jeans and docs is that ANYTHING looks good with them. You can wear anything from a wifebeater to a button down and look good, it all depends on what you're going for and what colors look good on YOU.

• 9 years ago

People with feet? LOL

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.