Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 9 years ago

With a score of 100 on the DLAB, what language will a future air force crypto linguist most likely get at DLI?

I leave for Air Force basic training in January with a Cryptologic Ground Linguist contract. I got a score of 100 on the DLAB, so I just barely passed and know I am going to have to work my butt off while at the DLI. My recruiter told me that the most common language right now is Persian Farsi, but he isn't sure on how the scoring process works for which language a person gets put with. I would love to learn Korean or Mandarin, but I know those pretty much out of the question because of my score. I know you don't get to choose what language you get, I'm just interested in knowing what the possibilities may be. So does anyone know the current score requirements for the languages they are offering? Thank you in advance.

• Mrsjvb
    Favorite Answer

witha 100 you qualify for any Cat 3 or below language.

It's based on the needs of the Air Force and your test score at the time you arrive at DLI. A friend of mine in the Air Force was assigned Hebrew.

• AJ

You're qualified for any language, but it all depends on which language the Air Force needs.

I turned down my MI job because they offered my Spanish as my language.