I know i should be grateful but...?

i love my parents and i know i can be ungrateful sometimes but my family (brothers, me, and parents) have to leave for winter break to another country so we are goin to open presents today at my aunts house. the thing is you should see my brothers got wayyyy more crap (clothes, im sure) than me! i only got two gifts from my parents idk what my aunt got me yet... the weirdest part is i'm the only girl and the youngest in the family which means i always get the most presents except for this year.... and i DID NOT ask for alot AT ALL. all i wanted for christmas was a perfume which i know my friend got me and a betsey johnson bracelet! that is it! My mom ordered toms that i wanted from online and wrapped that as a christmas present and thats fine and she also got me little diamond earings! i know i should be super grateful for the earings but i dont want them! they're gonna get lost and i hate that my parents always ignore my christmas list which is cheaper than what they really get me!! i dont like expensive stuff!! why dont they see that! so i know i should be grateful but my parents spent hundreds of dollars to buy crap for other people they pretend to like when all i wanted was a bracelet... AND i do NOT act bad at all and i get good grades!! you wanna know what my brothers do?! the oldest gets drunk and parties and the other one is sooo stubborn, rude, and selfish!! can somebody explain this to me!

• Alison
    Favorite Answer

I completely understand you. My parents ignore my Christmas and birthday lists, too. For my birthday they got me a laptop when I told them that I didn't want one. About a month later my laptop went missing because my brother took it and broke it. He didn't even get in trouble. I also hate getting jewelry because I never wear it. Two years ago I got a bracelet and I just shoved it in my drawer. I think I wore it once. Seriously, I know what you mean.

I think you should wait before you act all out, your parents probably got you what you wanted and probably are testing you or something. You never know, never just think ahead cause they might surprise you.! Have a nice day(:

-But either way you should be grateful cause you gotta think about all those little kid's parents that can't afford toms or expensive earrings ...

I really don't see what your problem is. Your parents are being nicer by giving you MORE than you asked for. I don't really understand why you are so upset when you have been given more than you asked for! That is a good thing! Thank your parents for that!