Why do guys ignore my gorgeous friend? any one please? explanation?

I'm asking this question for my friend because I've always wondered. Oh we also go to a school with maybe 150 kids in each grade.

My friend is so pretty. Strangers will come up and tell her how pretty she is. When we are out not at school, all these guys will come up and talk to her, but at school she gets totally ignored.

Don't say she's ignored at school because of her mean personality. She is super smart (number 2 or 3 in our class) she's also athletic and artisitc in National Art Honor Society and won all these art competitions. she's also one of the nicest people I know.

She is kind of shy but will talk to guy if he comes up.

Why do guys not notice her at school?

What can she do?

Favorite Answer

they notice her they probably think she is "out of their league" ---- children can have such crazy ideas ----- its only school so dont stress out about it ---- when she gets out in the real world she will either find the confidence to ask a guy out or she will be asked out and its not about looks its about personality

This is so weird, I know.

My theory is that guys are afraid of being rejected by her.

When you make really good grades and have all these things going for you and you're extremely respected in school AND pretty, the thing that goes through a guy's mind is: There's no way she would like me. She's too good." And if your friend carries herself with respect and dignity, the guy is also thinking It would be a waste to try and lie to you. You're not easy.

That's why you see so many sleazy "bad" girls having so many boyfriends.

It's all a matter of a boy's self confidence and morals.

The right person will come along for her, though. And he's gonna be amazing. All she can do is be herself. I wish all the best for you and your friend :) Good luck.

Source(s): Personal experience

The guys at school might be intimidated by her. Her looks combined with her achievements at school, maybe they think she's out of their league. Or maybe they have known her since she was in elementary school and just haven't though of her that way, yet. If she wants to start dating, she should open up a little and let the guys know she's available. Maybe go to a school event she wouldn't normally go to, or to a party she wouldn't be expected to attend. If she likes a certain guy, she should go for it! See what happens!

Strangers will ALWAYS take more social risks than people you encounter all the time.

Hence coning at restaurants, and pranks on strangers rather than on family members or friends.

people don't like going out of their comfort zone with people they will see everyday.

This is because you see these people... ALL THE TIME, and they don't want to make their future awkward, so they tend to keep quiet on their opinions because they are worried about themselves too much to go out of their way. (reputation, integrity, etc.)

ALSO, the guys at your school are aware of the fact that they see her all the time and strangers usually take the opportunity to say somethinig because it's most likely in public which means it is also the first and last time they'll ever see her so of course they will acknowledge her beauty, they know there will not be any long-term consequences.

Honestly have no clue but... maybe she is : quiet, shy, has a bad rep? just doesn't make the first move... try and have her talk to the guy first... if she is pretty the guy will see that as a compliment. mostly try and have her talk to guys and try to get noticed that way.. not with trashy clothes.... or anything bad like that.. just have her act like herself and i'm sure she will get noticed by people. Make her make the first move.. she will be seen as bold :)

• dizzy1

Maybe guys feel threatened by her because she is a honor student. The guys may feel they are not up to her standard. I don't know her so have no idea what her personality is like so can't comment on that.

• Maybe bc she goes for hot guys who are jerks and have ugly personalitys, she should find people with great personallitys and not just looks(looks fade away, personality doesn't )

Sometimes you don't need a Rolls Royce, when a Chevy Tahoe SUV will meet the needs.

Source(s): Search on "Lyrics: If you Wanna be Happy(for the rest of your life by Jimmy Soul Print the lyrics, Read them daily.

If she is really hot then guys will be nervous about what to say to her so they don't want to make a fool of themselves so they be quiet.

Source(s): I'm a Guy ;)

he likes you! or possibly he's a freak who likes staring. pass locate out, communicate to him? if he gets jealous then he for sure needs you too. you have have been given no longer something to unfastened. so choose for it xx