What can I minor in with a major in Criminal Justice?

I want to go to school for Criminal Justice either as my Major or Minor. Though I am not sure what else I want/can do with it. I was leaning towards becoming a cop and I am thinking about doing medical or possibly Psychology. So my question is what other options are there minor/major wise?

• J.W.
    Favorite Answer

I would probably choose a major other than criminal justice if you want to become a police officer. Having criminal justice as a minor might be a good idea. There are many good majors for police officers and people that want to become police officers. Accounting, communications, computer science, English, a foreign language, and psychology are some examples. If psychology interests you, find out if you can major in psychology and minor in criminal justice. Most police departments that require applicants to have college don't require any particular field of study. Whatever major you choose, get the highest grade point average that you can. Participate in a couple extracurricular activities while in college. Consider trying to get an internship with a police department while in college. Getting police officer jobs is becoming more and more competitive. Do whatever you can to make yourself the best candidate that you can. Best of luck!

I have no idea what you mean by "medical." There is no such thing as a medical major or minor. Those who major in criminal justice, typically minor in political science, psychology, sociology, perhaps English. Depending upon your specific interest, you could also minor in some chemistry (if you want to specialize in forensics) or some type of business administration or public finance (if you think you might like to go into administration.) Of course, a minor in a foreign language would make you eminently job qualified if you chose Spanish or one of the oriental languages & wanted to work in areas with high concentrations of ethnic groups.