Dominican in NYC and Why do I feel that I'm stereotyped soooo much?

Well, I guess my story is that am in my own class. Yes, I'm Dominican from the Dominican Republic been here all my life and no I don't have 5 kids or kids all over the world, I don't have kids at all, not ready, and no I don't like big A** women, I Prefer white or Spanish skinny women. No I don't like to drink much. Yes, I dance Latin music by I also love American dance music, especially oldies, no I'm not poor, yes, I'm college educated, no I don't live in the Ghetto, no I don't dress with my pants down, I dress GQ or preppy, no I'm not too much a fan of pizza or cheese. Prefer a salad. No I'm not an Oreo cookie, not a sell out. You get the picture. SO PLEASE STOP STEREOTYPING ME, and I love myself and what am about, so yes am with it and I'm cool, everybody is an individual!!!!! Don't judge a book by it's cover. Thanks.

Dominican in NYC and why do I feel that I'm stereotyped soooo much?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

That statement, "I prefer white or Spanish skinny women" is typical male Dominican behavior, even on the island!!

Most Dominican men prefer light-skinned, "white" girls. I have seen SO many Dominican men with a white or light-skinned girlfriend. Hello Sammy Sosa, David Ortiz (Big Papi).

But it's your right to like who and what you like. The people who call you a sellout or Oreo are probably ghetto black people.

Source(s): Just don't forget how to make Quipes & Frituras de Name!
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

I don't know, but for what I can read you are stereotyping your self more than anyone else.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.