Will this affect him mentally for the rest of his life?

so my best friend Kyle did acid but took an entire dropper full which equates to about 30 doses and is having an ultimately bad trip and has been screaming and freaking out for literally 5 hours and i cant imagine the things he is seeing. he just keeping screaming in pain and telling me to "get them away from him"and i absolutely dont know what to do. I have heard of cases of bad acid trips affecting ones mind permanently but im straight edge and have never done any of this. How long is this going to last for? Is he okay?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Derek
    Lv 6
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

CALL 911

HOLY ****!!!

CALL IT NOW!!!!!

• 9 years ago

Believe it or not, if it is really acid and not something else, its pretty safe. You would have to take an ENORMOUS amount of LSD to overdose, and there are no documented overdoses I know of. Also, after taking LSD a few times it doesn't work anymore so you have to wait a week or so before taking it again.

Just be the "babysitter" for now, make sure he doesn't do anything stupid. Try to get him to take some water and create a calm environment (nice music, dimmed lights, talk in a soft voice, etc).

LSD can't make you mentally ill or anything. It is possible that he will have little "LSD flashbacks" for awhile after. But he won't be mentally retarded or schizophrenic or anything. A lot of people think schizophrenia can be brought on by LSD. But the truth is those people already had schizophrenia it was just worsened by the drug.

Source(s): Pre-med student, learned all this in psycho-pharmacology course.
  • 9 years ago

The younger he is the more likely he will have permanent effects to his brain. He will never know if he has permanent change. It will be his friends that will see any changes in his personality over time. He will probably have a "Hang Over" type effect for a day or two after. It sounds like he wants to push the limits of his drug experimentation. It will be important to figure out what is causing that impulse. It is probably more than what friends can help with. He will need to get to professional help to mellow him out from this.

Good Luck,

Source(s): Former EMT
  • 4 years ago

of direction that's going to impact you. whilst somebody dies, it leaves a metaphorical 'hollow' on your existence. There are 3 procedures you could cope with this hollow. (a million). you could forget on the subject of the hollow, pretend that's not there; - the onlt hardship is that throughout specific circumstances you will fall into it after which you would be in a unfavorable state. (2). you could 'skirt' around the hollow, putting forward it and pretending which you're happy with it. lower back you will supply way the hollow in specific circumstances. (3). each so many times, you could pass and sit down on the sting of the hollow and look down into its inner maximum middle. - it relatively is the healthful way. you would be able to desire to talk. some thing has occurred which you do no longer comprehend and can't understand. None people understand loss of existence relatively, can we? We close it away and pretend its no longer there and then whilst it happens, we gained't cope with it. i know; I lost somebody on the factor of me 2 years in the past. Bereavement counselling would desire to help, yet additionally explaining on your pals and relatives which you relatively do would desire to talk approximately this, to artwork it by way of and attempt to appreciate it. you will by no potential recover from your Dad's loss of existence; - you mustn't anticipate to! you will even however with time and a dazzling form of talking be taught to stay alongside your loss. i wish this helps and that i'm very sorry to your loss. Michael.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

i know to drug counclers who who took over 50 hits of acid. one of them od and is fine now, and the other just tripped for 3 days and is stilll ok.

• 9 years ago

make him drink hard liquer as punishment for being stupid.

• 9 years ago

that will kill him, after hullucinations he will drop dead

• 9 years ago

Take him to a hospital!!!!!!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.