Draki asked in HealthOther - Health · 9 years ago

Why do I still feel tired?

I noticed I feel really tired like when you sleep and just woke up you feel like you need to sleep more? I feel like that, and feel like a little dizzy and wavy like... I sleep at 9pm to 5am for school. After school I feel like sh** not from working but from still waking up. I took a nap at 2:30pm I haven't notice I took a long nap my mom woke me up saying I slept for 5 hours. The weird thing is I though naps was sapose to make you feel a little better instead I feel the same??? Why do I still feel tired? (more info... I'm 16 I go to the doctor twice a month for ADHD to gets my pills concertta and mood stuff I know for sure its not the meds because this happened before I took them I also know it's not my bed, tempeture, and noises because I really sleep pretty well! I told my doctor and he said try getting an extra hour and sleep earlier... when I do he doesn't understand when I say I still feel the same!!! I do take vitamins and nothing is helping me feel *ALET* and well when I wake up) Should I go to the sleep lap? Sleep doctor for REM? or something???

Favorite Answer

Talk to your doctor about blood work for Anemia, Vitamin B12 deficiency, Thyroid issues, mono, infections, etc. Also, even though it's not as common as some of these issues... leukemia and other conditions can also make you feel fatigued.

You might also want to talk to your doctor about sleep studies... some people have things like sleep apnea and they end up sleeping very poorly so they feel tired.

On the more cutting edge side of medicine... if it's none of these and the fatigue is prolonged and accompanied with other symptoms; recent research has identified a new condition called ME (also known as CFS). There is currently little known about it and most treatments are in the clinical trial stages.

Definitely talk to some specialists and get to the bottom of this... you really can't treat it until you identify the source.

Best of luck, God bless you! :-)

Ask your Doctor for a blood test to see if your iron or Vitamin B's are low.

This would be a good place to start.

Also check your diet to make sue you are getting all the right nutrients.

It would be a good idea to find out if other members of your family have unusual fatigue. There can be many different reasons for it.

Good luck and God Bless

Source(s): Nursing

If you don't eat enough red meat it can cause you to feel fatigued. Try taking iron supplements.