Please help? Hubby and baby advice?

My hubby is leaving and going cause of work, I don't blame him for that. Well he came home this afternoon, he went straight to the bedroom to sleep. Which me and the twins were in there when he came in. He was surprised to see us there because the twins weren't suppose to come home from the nicu quite yet. He kissed my head and said he was going to bed. I took the boys in the living room and started feeding them. Then once they were feed I put them in their beds in our bedroom and laid down with my hubby. He held me for a bit then rolled over as soon as Caden one of our twins started crying. I went and picked Caden up and brought him to bed with us and when I did that my hubby went in the other room to sleep. I feel like he doesn't love our babies or he thinks their mistakes :'( ? What am I suppose to do, Everytime I ask or talk about the babies he changes the subject. I just want to be happy and not cry all the time?!

• CMC
    Favorite Answer

I'm sorry that you are feeling sad. Men are strange about their feelings. Maybe he is really overwhelmed and stressed out over the realization that he has to support a larger family now. He may be feeling that and at the same time be trying to keep that from you so that you don't stress too. He loves you guys. I'm sure he doesn't think that they are mistakes. Try telling him exactly how you feel. It may make him more comfortable telling you how he feels. One of the most wonderful things about having babies with someone is that it truly brings a real closeness and intimacy that you don't experience with anyone else. Tell him what you're feeling and let him know that no matter what it is that is bothering him you'll understand and always be there to listen. God bless.

I concur with punkin's advice but I would add that you might want to talk to your doctor about post-partum depression. A LOT of women get it, about 13%, and there's nothing wrong with you at all but it can be serious and you should definitely talk to someone.

If you have any of these symptoms of depression for more than 2 weeks, you should call your doctor:

Feeling restless or moody

Feeling sad, hopeless, and overwhelmed

Crying a lot

Having no energy or motivation

Eating too little or too much

Sleeping too little or too much

Having trouble focusing or making decisions

Having memory problems

Feeling worthless and guilty

Losing interest or pleasure in activities you used to enjoy

Withdrawing from friends and family

Having headaches, aches and pains, or stomach problems that don't go away

BUT it might not be you. Some men have issues coming to terms with the fact that there's suddenly a new life that means a lot more work. Tell him you need help. He's your husband, you're both there to love, help, and understand each other.

Check out my source link (womenshealth.gov), it'll give you more info on postpartum depression

I hope it works out for you both :)

• kristi

It's normal I elected to sleep in another room with my son since he was born. My husband works 12 hour shifts and needs his sleep I can't have him tired on the job. If your husband is just tired from working I wouldn't freak out. If when he has a day off or something and ignores you or the children then there's a problem.

He was tired. Respect his sleep. You shouldn't have went in there.