Doyou guys think Tony Stewart has a shot at the Hall of Fame someday?

In an ealier question of mine that mentioned drivers that might make the Hall of Fame, I mentioned Smoke. I am no real fan of his, but he is a legend. I learned that when he got mentioned in a commercial in the same breath as the Indimidator and the King, 'cause they are legends and Hall of Famers, btw. He is now a three time champion, like DW, who is an inductee. Someone said his championships and driver/owner thing meant he could make it if he wins a bunch more races before he retires. Does his latest championship boost his chances? Yer thoughts on all this?

Favorite Answer

Yes. Three Cup championships have already sealed his place in the HOF. Many of the ones already in there do not have as many as he does. Jeff Gordon is also a lock, but since they only induct a set amount each year, it may take a while to get Tony in.

Maybe someday, but its a long shot. A lot of people who answer Nascar questions know absolutely nothing about the sport. I am a big nascar and have been to 37 nascar races al over the country. I have met several drivers including Tony. He has come a long way since he joined Nascar. So someday he might just get that lucky. He is one of my favorite drivers. The races and championships are determined by points. So we will have to wait til next year for the new season. Thank god Kurt Busch is gone.

i think he will absloutely be in the Hall Of Fame! he already has three championships... plus hes an owner now. he still has 10-15 more years as a driver if not more and im sure he will win many more races. i would be shocked if he isnt inducted into the hall of fame!

• Jay

"A shot at the Hall of Fame" ? Really? Tony can stop driving right now and he's got a guaranteed spot in the Nascar Hall of Fame, the International Motorsports Hall of Fame, and probably a few other hall of fames.

• Yes I do. Tony has been an asset to NASCAR and racing in general. Tony speaks his mind which has helped manufacturers make better racing tires for example. He also will not fail to tell you if a track is unsafe to race on.

Smoke's ability to race cannot be questioned. He is one of the greats and will go down in history as such!

I am a Tony Stewart fan and have been from the beginning. He never fails to amaze. He never quits. Smoke is a leader. What he has done with SHR is another example.

It would be nice to see him win a few more Cup Championships!

Source(s): Just my opinion!

... that's like asking if Jimmie Johnson will be... True, Tony doesn't have as many championships, but he is among the best drivers the sport has seen throughout its years, and among the best there will ever be. He's not Richard Petty or Dale Earnhardt, but in the future people will probably use his name as a reference. If he does not make the hall of fame NASCAR has officially proved themselves idiots.

• klicka

unquestionably. As a fellow Indiana interior sight I gotta root for the abode boys (as nicely as Gordon). i think of it may well be relatively cool to be sure him win as an proprietor/driving force. As substitute into stated earlier, dropping the burden would desire to help him in an endurance attitude as nicely as overall performance. Tony is rather a cool guy outdoors of racing. yet whilst its time to pass racing, its enterprise as consistently.

Yes, of course. He'll be in as soon as he's eligible. With the IRL Championship, the USAC success, WoO, and is a champion owner champion... kinda obvious.

• Josh

Of course. Tony is one of the best drivers that NASCAR has ever seen, and ever will see. He will be in the hall of fame.

Yes I would be very surprised if he wasnt