Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

How come you can only see God if you already assume he exists? He used to show himself to non-believers in OT?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

God has exposed Himself many times, mainly in cloud formations and tortillas.

• Fuzzy
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Many of the times in the OT he displayed his power vis-a-vis the pagans it was of the 'you are dead' kind. I am not sure you'd like that.

It would have been nice had you given a specific reference you were thinking of.

As to seeing God, none have ever seen God, and if you think that Moses saw God then you need to read that link on my website. Even Jesus told us that none can see God!

John 1:18:

No one has seen God at any time; the only-begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, *he* hath declared him .

• Moi
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

God works with man through phases or stages. And each stage is somewhat different from all the others.

Today, God is testing us for faith in his word as revealed in the Holy Bible.

Jhn 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed [are] they that have not seen, and [yet] have believed.

That shows the true and saving value of faith in God's word.

• 9 years ago

Becuase he never existed.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

not true. the miracle of Lanciano was performed by someone who didn't think it could happen.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.