Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingOther - Pregnancy & Parenting · 9 years ago

Has your Ultrasound ever been off?

I'm 8 weeks pregnant and I was just wonder has anybody ever had an ultrasound that put you ahead of your weeks or behind your weeks? Cause I think I'm ahead of 8 weeks

• Lilli
    Favorite Answer

Ultrasounds can be off by as much as 2 weeks, yes. If you have an ultrasound in the first trimester, chances are it will be accurate within a few days. But after that, it could be off by 2 weeks. That's why they don't change your due date based on your ultrasound unless there is more than a 2 week discrepancy.

When I thought I was 12 weeks based on my period I went for dating ultrasound and was told I was measuring 10 weeks.

The weird part is that now I'm almost 37 weeks and I'm measuring closer to 40 weeks. So either the ultrasound was wrong (which is unlikely apparently) or my baby is oddly large (my husband and I were both 7 pounders)

I had help to conceive my son so I know exactly what date we fell pregnant. When I went for my scan I was 13 weeks and 1 day. The woman kept trying to tell me I was 14 weeks plus. There was no way that this was possible, my and my husband are both tall so we were expecting a long baby. At my 20 week scan they told me he was long for his "age" and then when he arrived although he was 7lb 4oz he was indeed long. Now he's 16 months and just off the scale for lenght. So yes, scan dates can be wrong. If we didn't know when we concieved then my dates would have been moved. You could just have a large or small baby. Xx

Laura's completely missed the point. Ultrasound dates are counted from the start date of your last period. So what if she knows the date she had sex? The date her pregnancy is counted from is about two weeks before that.

Mine was about two days out.

I've never been pregnant so I don't know