Can I freeze paper in a block of ice?

I know this is kind of a dumb question (and I will probably have to try it to find out) but I'm doing this art project in which I would like to freeze folded paper (origami of sorts) inside of ice.... Can I do that without the paper like, being destroyed in the process? So far I have frozen about a third of water in a cube container, and I am planning to just place the paper on top and add more water to get it to freeze nicely in the middle... I want the folded paper to stay the way I set it... Will this work? Can anyone think of a better way I can do this? Thanks!

Favorite Answer

The main problem would be how to surround the origami with water that will eventually freeze. If you just put the origami in a jar of water and try to freeze it, the origami will be spoiled. I can think of a way to do it though - you could spray some water on the finished origami and put it in the freezer. Then keep repeating until it has a nice layer of ice around it. Then, you could drop it into a small container of almost frozen water (and hopefully the ice on the origami won't melt). Then, you could drop that into a larger container and keep repeating until it's the right size you want.

Sounds deadly! it should work depending on the weight of the paper you're using and how fast it freezes! Don't let it melt though!