Holiday music depresses me for some reason :(?

For some reason, I get sad and depressed when I'm shopping and hear holiday music.

Quite the contrary of my life - I decorated my apartment, got into the spirit with sending holiday cards and I'm having a great holiday so far getting people presents and I look forward to Christmas with my family.

For some reason, I just can't shake the sadness when I hear all those "warm" and "fuzzy" holiday tunes on the radio! :(

Umm..I DO have a "hunny" to cuddle up to - but it's the actual songs that make me feel crappy!

Favorite Answer

It's okay. Holiday music depresses me too. I'm either depressed or I'm annoyed because feliz navidad is playing again and it seems to be the only Christmas song the radio station has.

It may be because you associate them with your childhood and those days are gone. A lot of people do feel that way. I'm sort of indifferent to Christmas music. It doesn't bother me all that much, but I can get along without it. There are a few Christmas carols I like, and they don't bother me. They are the more traditional and more religious ones. (Silent Night, Oh, Holy Night, the Messiah, and others in that vein.)

Best advice I can give you is to avoid it as much as possible. In many stores that's impossible, so you just hunker down and get through it the best way you can. Meantime find other entertainment when you can control the environment.

It should pretty much be gone in about two weeks!

It doesn't really depress me, it annoys the heck out of me, and I do like Christmas. But not the incessant barrage of songs I've heard all my life. I cope with it by changing the lyrics and perverting the words. It's a lot funnier that way.

It's natural to feel that way when you don't have a honey to cuddle up to. I myself have trouble listening to songs like that.