Ek asked in Arts & HumanitiesTheater & Acting · 9 years ago

Performance Help!!!!!?

So I am in a musical that is doing it's first show in a tour tonight, This is my first "professional" musical. But I am worried that I will get on stage and freeze and forget my lines. What are some things I can do to keep my nerves down! Thank you in advance!

Favorite Answer

Close your eyes and take deep breathes. Go over your parts in your head as if you were on stage and tune everything out. Keep reassuring yourself that you'll be fine and that you know what your doing. Good luck with your preformance! :)

Source(s): Myself

whenever i get nervous before a singing recital or show that i'm in, i breath. i close my eyes, sit down in corner and just focus on nothing but breathing for 5 minutes. after that i am absolutely calm, and i can go and do what i need to on stage without freaking out.

when on stage do not think ahead about what you have to do or worry about what you have already done. STAY IN THE MOMENT That's all you need to co. CONCENTRATE on the play, not on yourself being in it.

really focus on throwing yourself into the charecter. imagine you are really in the location where your charecter is. There is no audience. most of all just relax and enjoy yourself. take deep breaths before you go out

Good luck!

Be yourself.

Don't worry about it.

Most of all, have fun. If you are not enjoying yourself, then you are more likely to freeze.