Christians- Prove to me other animals don't know the difference between right and wrong, please?

Update:

I believe in God. I've been a Christian for 22 years. I don't agree with the church, at all. I believe we're supposed to love all God's creatures, not hate them.

Update 2:

Wayne- Yes, yes I have.

Proof they know the difference between right and wrong- Puppy sneaks into the kitchen and looks up at a plate of food. They look at you, and try to sneak. You yell "No!" they yelp and whine. They know they did wrong.

Update 3:

Q&A Queen- Do you feel guilty after buying that cow that was brutally slaughtered? So you don't know the difference between right and wrong is what you're saying, right?

Update 4:

Do you eat fish? They suffocate or are bludgeoned to death, how is that painless?

Update 5:

Yes, they do feel remorse. Just as much as those soldiers who slaughter the children of our enemies. Or are they no longer humans and saved at that point?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

The puppy yelps and whines because they are afraid of you, and they connect that act with your aggressive response. The zebra does not enter the lion's den because he thinks trespassing is immoral, but because he fears being eaten. Small children are trained by their parents in just this way and it's only later on they begin to have the ability to understand that such things are wrong and why. They connect their parent's discipline with the act they've committed and learn to do these things less.

• 9 years ago

Animals kill and eat each other to survive it's normal and natural. But if humans behave that way it's evil and disgusting.

God gave us His permission to eat meat. That's why I don't feel guilty eating a burger. Most of the time the animals slaughtered for our food were slaughtered painlessly. I don't eat meat that i know that the animal was killed brutally.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Why are all your animal questions directed to Christians? You are obviously trying to stir up a debate and really don't care about the answers. Get a life and vent your insecurities to a professional, not individuals on the religious section of an answer and ask site.

• 9 years ago

Prove they do. You, as the one bringing the case, have the burden of proof.

Are you implying that a lioness feels guilt over the gazelle she just killed? Does a male lion feel remorse over the cubs of a rival male he just killed as he moves in on his territory?

@Bran - Sorry. Bad...very bad comeback. Do I feel badly? Once in a blue moon, I do, actually. But it's rare. Why? Because God himself told us that animals for ok to eat, once properly drained of blood. Second,I notice you didn't answer the second half of my question about the cubs that are slaughtered out of pure turf war necessity. Now about that puppy. Look up "conditioned reflex".

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Who said other animals were even bound by the differences between right and wrong? Right and wrong as far as we know apply only to humans.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

as an atheist i have to say that this is a very very weak argument. to gasp the concepts of write and wrong, one has to master a language first. a full blown language mind you, not just a couple of signs...

• Well, prove to me that they DO know the difference between right and wrong.

• Torgo
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Well, I once got bitten by a mosquito. It was really itchy! Clearly, that mosquito did not know it was wrong to bite me.

• ?
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

This book is excellent for showing the evolutionary origins of morality.

http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/culturelab/2011/...

(Does someone believe you do not believe in Christians or in animals?)

• 9 years ago

Monkeys masturbate and toss their own scat with reckless abandon in front of mixed crowds of men, women, and children. Would you do that?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.