LGBT Tips on coming out?

Ok, I'm 12, I live in Ireland, and I'm gay. I really, really want to tell my mom, because its building up inside me, and I'm going to explode if I don't tell her. She is very accepting, she always says she'll love me no matter what, but I just can't bring myself to do it. Any tips on how to?

• Ben
    Favorite Answer

You just need to find a way that your comfortable doing it, you can do it face to face, go up to her and tell her that you have something important to tell her, and then just say, im gay.

It is very hard to do, and you may have to force yourself to say it, but one day you will say it when your ready.

Another way is write a letter, search for gay coming out letters in google for some examples, but basically tell her that your gay in the letter and explain that your still the same person you were before you told her, then leave it somewhere she can find it and maybe go to a friends house for a couple hours or give it to her yourself depending on how you feel.

If you do it face to face, then it might be better for you to have someone else there with you that already knows your gay (if anyone else does know), another family member, a close friend, someone you can trust and someone who can help you tell her.

Good Luck

Hope this helps

Ben

I say tell her. I went through the same situation with my mom she said the same thing that she was accepting and that she would love her kids no matter what. And she is religious. She's a christian so am i but she is way more religious. So i'm here thinking yeah she says shes accepting now wait until i tell her i'm gay then she'll drown me in holy water but no she was very understanding i was surprised. And let me tell you after i told her, there was this HUGE weight off my shoulder. I am sure glad i did because It doesn't feel good pretending for so long and i came out at 15 years old. I'm not trying to pressure you into doing something you're not comfortable to do but just instead helping you gather the courage to do it. One more thing i am not saying the situation will be the same but You'll never know until you try, you'll be surprised on how some people react.

p.s. Your mom might already know. If that makes it any easier. My mom did and I made sure i came off as straight, then she said she knew cause i hadn't had a girlfriend for ages

The reason you can't bring yourself to tell her that you are gay because you know that it is wrong to be gay. You also know that there is a negative stigma on being attracted to the same sex. You know that she will be shocked that her son whom she pictured being with a female, want to be with other males. It kills me when gay people say that being gay is perfectly okay and that its nothing wrong with it but yet its always difficult to come out of the closet as if its terrible to do. That's because they know it is terrible to be that way, that's why its always hard to come out. Forget what the bible says about it being wrong. Being gay is plain and simple, wrong. You may not be having sex at the moment but you do know that you will be sucking and sliding down a penis, right? And don't report and get my answer deleted because others need to read this also. Two men being together is crazy, along with two females being together. Everyone knows it. Straight people know it, gay people know it, blind people know it, mentally challenged people know it, animals even look shocked when they see two men kissing in a park somewhere. Its crazy as hell. Man get yourself some vagina and get your mind right. Although you can contracted HIV from anybody, gay sex is putting you at a higher risk. Ask yourself, do I want to die young because I like boys? I'm deadly serious and you should be also. Don't have this answer deleted, keep this posted up

i've been out for a while and i think your mom has her suspicions, i say be honest with her and yourself and that way you and your mom can get answers to questions together.i recently lost my mom (7-9-11) and my mom was a very religous woman, when i told her i was gay she satd "you don't think i know my child". so i say again always be honest, she'll always love you and support you. good luck and take care renae b.

From my personal experience, I suggest that you come out to someone who you know will still love and care for you if they learnt that you're gay. If you really trust your mom, then let her be the first person you'll come out to.

I say don't tell her. I told my mum when i was fifteen... she still don't accept it and she told me that she was accepting.

So your a boy I'm guessing? Well I'm 13 and I'm a girl and I'm bi

Source(s): Me