Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsOther - Pets · 9 years ago

Is it ok to buy guinea pigs from Pet co/Pet Smart?

I've heard a lot of bad things about Pet co/Pet Smart but my "ex friend" bought one from there and lived for many years. I'm not quite sure. But I can't find a place to adopt two piggies!

Is it worth it and is it safe?

Please help!!!!!!

Thank you!!!!

Favorite Answer

it is safe all my small animals even my guinea pig and my g-mom's guinea pig is from petsmart. both are very healthy happy pigs

Source(s): owner
  • CF_

It is best not to, but not because of their lifespan, really it is best not to because you support cruel mass breeders when you buy from pet stores.

Often they are not handled before they get to the store so can be less friendly but the real problem is supporting cruelty.

Have you checked your local shelters, looked on craigslist? checked newspapers, looked on petfinder? Here is more about adopting such pets and how to find them.

http://theanimalcabin.blogspot.com/2011/03/how-to-...

i have bought animals from petsmart and they are sometimes not properly cared for. some animals u may have to nourish back to health. but i think a guinea pig would be fine ive seen them at petsmart and they usually look healthy good luck and God Bless

Yep! I bought two hamsters from Petco!(: