Can you review the last five films you watched?

Or just the ones you've seen this weekend. I've only watched three movies recently, and those were: 1. Rampart 2. The Messenger 3. Hot Fuzz Rampart I watched for the first time, the other two were re-watches, although the first time I saw Hot Fuzz I wasn't really paying the best attention,... show more Or just the ones you've seen this weekend.

I've only watched three movies recently, and those were:

1. Rampart
2. The Messenger
3. Hot Fuzz

Rampart I watched for the first time, the other two were re-watches, although the first time I saw Hot Fuzz I wasn't really paying the best attention, so it was pretty much like a first viewing.

Rampart was weird. I felt it was a bit overly ambitious. It had a lot to say, and it rushed to say it, but it was also slow in parts. I'm definitely going to have to watch it again to establish a full opinion, but right now I'm going to give it an 8.7/10. Woody Harrelson gave a fantastic performance, without a doubt Oscar worthy, and I also feel Ben Foster's performance deserves attention. It took me an hour to even realize it was him, and his conversation with Dave (about an hour in) was the highlight of the movie for me. I was extremely disappointed that Steve Buscemi only had a couple of scenes, and I was underwhelmed by Ice Cube's performance. Overall, though, I really enjoyed this complex film, and it definitely helped make Oren Moverman one of my favorite writer/directors.

The Messnger is his first film that I saw for the first time in September. I decided to watch it as I had just watched Rampart the night before, and I was extremely surprised that I enjoyed this as much as I did the first time. It was still extremely powerful, and if anything, it was more touching the second time around. Easily one of the best films of 2009.

Hot Fuzz was amazing as well. The writing is genius, and I'm a huge fan of Edgar Wright. I feel he is one of the best directors working today. I read today that Pegg/Frost/Wright and making another film together soon, so that'll be dope.