Atlantis Bahamas Vacation Resort?

I would really like to go to Atlantis in the Bahamas, with my parents, sister, and friend. First off, I would like to know if it's worth going? I've been wanting to go for about a year, but I know it's pretty expensive and I definitely don't want to waste money if it's not worth what I'll be paying.

What time of year is best to go? If I went this time of year, would the prices be better? Or would it be more wise to go during a spring break time, or during the summer?

I would like to go for 4-5 days, and I'm traveling from North Carolina, so approximately, how much do you think rooms and plane tickets would be, for those of you who have gone? Also, is the resort near a airport/would i have to get a taxi? About how much would that cost?

Is the food at the restaurants paid for? I'm assuming not, but please include that.

I know there are different hotels you can stay at, what are the variations in prices as far as that goes. Are the royal towers more expensive than the other two? And do you get access to the pools and activities that are only at your hotel, or can I, for example, go to a pool that is at the Coral Tower if I'm staying at the Royal Towers.

Thanks so much to anyone who answers, I really appreciate it.

Best Answer

Is there some reason you are too LAZY and STUPID that you can't go to the ATLANTIS WEB SITE and ASK THEM YOUR QUESTIONS.

I don't waste my TIME answering questions from CHILDREN that deal with Atlantis.. which is just a FAKE THEME PARK on a FAKE ISLAND and its EXPENSIVE.. You need to have your PARENTS do the trip planning becaue YOU are NOT GOING TO SPEND $5000 to go to Atlantis.. THEY ARE and THEY need to be asking the quesitons.

• Dave

I would like to know if it's worth going? YES, IT'S CLOSE TO YOU AND A LOT OF FUN.

I know it's pretty expensive YES IT IS.

What time of year is best to go? APRIL OR MAY IS PROBABLY GOOD- I HAVE GONE IN JUNE BUT IT WAS VERY HOT BUT NOT TOO CROWDED AND NOT TOO PRICEY.

If I went this time of year, would the prices be better? NOT REALLY AND IT'S TOO COLD- IT IS IN THE ATLANTIC (OCEAN), AND NOT THE CARIBBEAN WHICH STARTS FURTHER TO THE SOUTH.

Or would it be more wise to go during a spring break time, or during the summer? NEITHER- TOO CROWED OR TOO HOT.

I would like to go for 4-5 days, and I'm traveling from North Carolina, so approximately, how much do you think rooms and plane tickets would be, for those of you who have gone? 2, 000 FOR 2 IN JUNE BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE.

Also, is the resort near a airport/would i have to get a taxi? $60 DOLLARS TOTAL- 30-45 MINUTE RIDE.

Is the food at the restaurants paid for? NO.

I know there are different hotels you can stay at, what are the variations in prices as far as that goes. YES- STAY AT THE COMFORT SUITES PI ONLY. BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK- BY FAR THE BETTER VALUE. YOU STILL GET TO USE THE ATLANTIS RESORT FOR FREE AND YOU GET FREE BREAKFAST AND THEY JUST REDID OR ARE REDOING THE HOTEL. IT WAS NICE ENOUGH LAST YEAR, EVEN BETTER NOW.

Are the royal towers more expensive than the other two? And do you get access to the pools and activities that are only at your hotel, or can I, for example, go to a pool that is at the Coral Tower if I'm staying at the Royal Towers. YES- IT IS ALL THE ATLANTIS AND YOU WILL HAVE FUN.

MY FINAL SUGGESTION IS TO ALSO PRICE PLAYA DEL CARMEN IN MEXICO- YOU CAN DO AN ALL INCLUSIVE AT THE RIU WHICH IS AMAZING- BEEN COMPARED AS "BETTER THAN HAWAII BY MANY" AT THE RIGHT SEASON- E.G., EARLY TO MID OCTOBER, THE PRICE, WHEN YOU FACTOR IN ALL INCLUSIVE WILL BE LIKELY EVEN BETTER THAN THE BAHAMAS. IT IS NOT DISNEY WORLD E.G., BIG WATER PARKS, ETC. BUT IT IS AMAZING AND WELL WORTH CONSIDERING. YOU SOUND LIKE YOU WANT A GREAT TRIP AND GREAT VALUE- MEXICO MIGHT BE THE BEST OPTION FOR YOU. THE LOCATION IS RELATIVELY SAFE, COMPARED TO OTHER PARTS OF MEXICO, THIS IS NOT IN THE NOTORIOUSLY BAD AREA AT ALL BUT OF COURSE ALWAYS USE COMMON SENSE AND BE SAFE.

Source(s): Been there.

I travel a lot and Atlantis is the most amazing resort I've been to. Service can be lackluster due to "island time", but the resort is great for the whole family. Very expensive though. They offer meal plans which help with the cost. Also, the timeshare units have full kitchens that are great as well. Shuttle will take you over the bridge for groceries.

Room rates are most expensive in Royal, then Coral, then Beach Towers.

Summer and Winter are most expensive season. Sept.-Dec 15th are less expensive times.

Hope this helps. Make the trip...you'll love it!!

Atlantis is very expensive at any time that it's cold in the Northeast. Best prices are in the summer, which is also hurricane season, of course.

It's less expensive to stay at the Comfort Suites across the road. Guests there have use of many of the facilities of Atlantis, or at least that used to be the case.

You'd have to fly to Nassau and get transportation from the airport to the resort.