I am getting married in Phila, PA. How do I prepare legally beforehand?

I know I need a marriage license and it costs $80, will expire in 60 days if I don't use it and such, but is there anything else I need to know or prepare for? My cousin mentioned getting a physical but I don't think the state of Pennsylvania requires it. So what are the laws in PA for getting married?

• Joan K
    Favorite Answer

Both applicants must appear together in Room 413 City Hall to apply for the marriage license. The $80 fee must be paid by cash or money order. Checks and credit cards are not accepted. The marriage license can be used in any county in Pennsylvania and cannot be used out-of-state.

Applicants must provide current valid photo ID such as drivers license, passport, military ID, etc. and social security card or any other form of I.D. issued by an official entity which reflects the applicant’s Social Security number. If either applicant was previously married, proof of dissolution of the latest marriage must be submitted at the time of application. If either applicant is a minor, the minor’s parent or legal guardian must appear at the time the application is made.

No blood test or physical is required. You can reach the Marriage License Department at (215) 686-2233.

Good Luck!

How to Apply for a Marriage License in Pennsylvania

Marriage license Laws in the state of Pennsylvania, here is what you need to bring with you, and what you need to know about the Pennsylvania marriage laws before applying for a Pennsylvania marriage license application.

Requirements may vary as each marriage license bureau in Pennsylvania could have their own requirements. If you have questions, please contact the appropriate Clerk of the Orphans' Court office.

You don't have to do anything special. Just go down to City Hall in center city (the one with the statue of Billy Penn on top, 13th and Broad I think) with your spouse to be and fill out some aperwork. There's no physical, no blood test, you just get a certificate to take with you and the person who officiates at your wedding has to send it back when you're married. I took my wife to the Capitol Grille after we got our license. A little pricey but hey, how often do you get married? I think it's Broad and Walnut...

go to this link n it will tell you everything you need to know

http://usmarriagelaws.com/search/united_states/pen...