Should Michael Buble be singing Frank Sinatra songs?

I think he shouldn't! I was looking up 'Come Fly With Me' by Frank Sinatra, but Buble's version came up first..wtf?! I don't know why people think he so great, he can't even write his own songs?! But what do you think?

I know what you mean Stevie, but he has a low voice and it's easy for him just to imitate Frank's voice, I think he should be more original...

• Peter
    Favorite Answer

Michael Buble is a singer, so it's his job to sing songs. So, the answer is yes.

Michael Buble Frank Sinatra Songs

Well, to me it sounds like you don''t really know Michael Buble that well.

I understand that some people feel as if Sinatra was a legend (and he is) and that his work should remain his work. Michael stated in his autobiography that he also feels that Sinatra (along with Dean Martin, Tony Bennet, etc) are greats and he is simply covering them because it is the music that he has always loved and that he wants to keep their legacy alive.

That aside, Michael doesn't /just/ cover the songs. Other jazz/standard singers copy the songs entirely, but Michael prefers to make them his own.

Michael Buble is one of THE most talented people in todays industry and he's more of a blessing than a bother considering all these new age artists who rely on auto-tune and computers to help them sell records.

Hope that helps! :P

Imitation is the finest form of flattery and praise. Buble does sing other songs too you know. So many have recorded covers of Sinatra songs, including Rod Stewart and Robbie Williams and all of them did great covers. Many singers don't write their own songs or have help writing them. And Yankee fan Thank goodness someone else realise's that they were great songs in their day and still are. They sure don't write them like that very often now.

Source(s): voice coach

I don't see why not. Buble is just bringing the great music back, though he'll never be as great as Sinatra. And I don't understand why you're upset about whose version comes up first on Youtube, because if Youtube was around during Sinatra's time he'd be getting millions (maybe even billions) of views on all of his songs.

Not bad at all. A few very minor ones..but very well done. Yes I know and like Michael Buble. He's a good Canadian boy..and so am I. ;)

I think he can sing it as long as he doesn't pretend to be Frank Sinatra.

Here is an nice article and the great version of live New York, New York

http://blog.bestgigs.com/?p=71

I wonder if Michael Bubble can be so entertaining.

Source(s): blog.bestgigs.com

His voice has a sound similar to Franks that's why he sings it. Of course I love Frank more, but the other guy does a pretty good job.