Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 9 years ago

I need some help with my review questions that im not sure of please help me!!?

Here are the questions i need help on i answered them and i just want to make sure that my answer is correct and no this is not my homework this is my part of my review for my midterm coming up on Wednesday.

36) Institutional Racism .A system of procedures/patterns in all walks of life, i.e. education housing, businesses, employment, professional associations. All is T or All is F

37) Middle Passage ??Middle Passage was the journey of slave trading ships from the west coast of Africa, where the slaves were obtained, across the Atlantic, where they were sold or, in some cases, traded for goods such as molasses, which was used in the making of rum. However, this voyage has come to be remembered for much more than simply the transport and sale of slaves? All is Tor All is F

38) The melting pot is a metaphor for a heterogeneous society becoming more homogeneous, the different elements "melting together" NOT into a harmonious whole with a common culture All is T or All is F

39) Arab slave trade Historians agree ONLY between 1 and 8 million Africans were enslaved by Arab slave traders and taken across the Red Sea, Indian Ocean, and Sahara desert between 650 and 1900, compared to 9.4 to 14 million Africans brought to the Americas in the Atlantic slave trade from 15th century to the early 19th century. All is T or All is F

40) First African slaves were brought to San Jose in 1619: All is T or All is F

41) William A. Fields? ?was an African American legislator in the Tennessee House of Representatives?. All is T or All is F

42) Poll tax (the right to Vote) in U.S. practice, a poll tax was used as a de facto or implicit pre-condition of the exercise of the ability to vote. This tax emerged in some states of the United States in the late 19th century as part of the Jim Crow laws. All is T or All is F

43) Ida B. Wells-Barnett was for lynching? All is T or All is F

44) Alain LeRoy Locke was He is best known for his writings on and about the Harlem Renaissance and . He is regarded as the "Father of the Harlem Renaissance? All is T or All is F

45) William Edward Burghardt Du Bois was. Was an American civil rights activist, leader, Pan-Africanist, sociologist, educator, historian, writer, editor, poet, and scholar. In 1895 his doctorate in history from Harvard. His dissertation, The Suppression of the African Slave Trade to the United States of America, All is T or All is F

46) Thurgood Marshall was the Last African American member of the Supreme Court. All is T or All is F

48) Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka (1954) was about ONLY for helping African American, All is T or All is F

49) Jim Crow laws Jim Crow laws are the segregation of public schools, public places and public transportation, and the segregation of restrooms and restaurants for whites and blacks All is T or All is F

50) ?Black Codes was a name given to laws passed by southern governments established during the presidency of Andrew Johnson. These laws imposed severe restrictions on freed slaves such as prohibiting their right to vote, forbidding them to sit on juries, limiting their right to testify against white men, carrying weapons in public places and working in certain occupations.? All is T or All is F

Favorite Answer

I admire your trying to do this tonight instead of tomorrow night, but really, do your research. It's way more beneficial to you than asking us to give you the answers.

Take a few minutes to check your answers with your text book.

Use the key phrases or terms from the question to look up.

The glossary in the back of the book will offer quick definitions.

The index, also in the back, will refer you to the specific pages where it is discussed in more detail, and examples, samples, charts and such are used.