Is Jeff the Killer real?

I haven't read the story. My friend just told me the gist of it and showed me the picture (which scared the **** out of me). He says it's based on a real newspaper article in Oregon, and I'm too scared to look anything up for fear of running into more pictures of him. No matter how much I try, I... show more I haven't read the story. My friend just told me the gist of it and showed me the picture (which scared the **** out of me). He says it's based on a real newspaper article in Oregon, and I'm too scared to look anything up for fear of running into more pictures of him. No matter how much I try, I can't convince my brain to disbelieve this. So, is this real or is my friend just being a jerk to me?
Update: Not Jeffrey Dahmer. This is a creepypasta story that's rumored to be a true happening.
72 answers