Are there any colleges in Lafayette, TN?

My family and I are thinking, well almost positive at this point, that we are going to move to Lafayette, TN but I'm having a hard time getting up and going because I want to go back to college for Nursing. I looked online to see if there are any colleges in the area but I can only find one that is about 16 miles away and that is a little more than I would want to have to travel.

I dont want to give the exact address to the area that we are thinking about moving to but it is in Lafayette and I believe the county is Macon County.

Does anyone know of any colleges that would offer Nursing programs (associate degree) that I can go to? I appreciate any and all answers! I looked online & really cannot find any and I am not familiar with the area but I was told there is a Lafayette Community College or something to that nature.

Thank you to all!!

Favorite Answer

Honey, you are going to be shocked how far out in the middle of nowhere that Lafayette is located. Go to www.mapquest.com and enter the city name. You are not going to find a full community college right in town.

In fact, the closest is Volunteer State Community College in Gallatin, which is 33 miles (44 minutes) away. However, it does not offer the two-year RN program. The state community colleges that do offer the 2-year program are many hours away from Lafayette. (See www.tbr.edu for the list of CCs in the state.)

There is a Tennessee Technology Center in Hartsville, which is closer, but it only offers a Practical Nursing program. While TTC has a Macon County campus, nursing is not taught there.

I wish I could be more help. You might look at options in KY since Lafayette is near the state line.

Source(s): TN resident