Michael asked in HealthOther - Health · 9 years ago

What does comprehensive drug screen mean?

I had a bunch of tests requested at the doctor yesterday, including a whole bunch of blood tests and a urine/serum drug screen. I was just wondering what they were looking into. I know I haven't taking any drugs. Are they going to test for like every single drug or what?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Urine drugs tests come in all kinds of combinations of what drugs are included in the test that is given. You never know the combination of drugs that are on the test they might give you. Most often you are tested for the big 5 or Amphetamine/Methamphetamine, Cocaine, Marijuana, Opiates and PCP. You seldom know which drugs will be on the urine drug test, so you must assume you will be tested for all 10 major drug categories.

The other person who answered this questions is right although it is somewhat rare. There are also 100's of medications, prescriptions and foods that can show up as positive in a urine drug test even though you have not used any of the drugs for which they have tested. This is called a false positive drug test and you might want to research this situation just in case something shows up.

• 4 years ago

Comprehensive Drug Testing

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What does comprehensive drug screen mean?

I had a bunch of tests requested at the doctor yesterday, including a whole bunch of blood tests and a urine/serum drug screen. I was just wondering what they were looking into. I know I haven't taking any drugs. Are they going to test for like every single drug or what?

Source(s): comprehensive drug screen mean: https://biturl.im/wMpWj
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avfyM

Dextromethorphan hydrobromide (DXM for short) is an antitussive drug that is found in many over-the-counter cold remedies and cough syrups." The chances of you getting a false positive depends on the quality of the laboratory that does the testing. There seems to be about 1,200 of these labs in the United States currently testing for drugs. Less than a 100 of these meet federal standards and most of the individual states do not regulate drug test labs. The number of false positives returned range from 4% to over 50%, depending on the lab. A concern here is that, if your company tests for drug useage, they are probably not required to use a certified drug testing lab, which means you have a greater chance of getting a false positive. Listed below are all the substances, that we found, that can cause a false positive drug test result. With your help, this will grow into a comprehensive list. Substances that cause false positives [not just for amphetamines] Cough suppressants with Dextromethorphan (DXM) Cylert Demerol Deprenyl Desoxyephedrine Dexatrim Dexdenfluramine Dexedrine Dexfenfluramine Dextroamphetamine Dextromethorophan Diabetes Diazepam (generic name for valium) Diazepam False positives for PCP Didrex Dilantin Dimetapp Dristan Nasal Spray Dronabinol (Marinol) Elavil - False positives for opiates for up to three days Eldepryl Emprin Ephedra (Ma Haung) Ephedrine Ephedrine based compounds Etafediabe Excedrin IB Famprofazone Fenelylline Fenfluramine Fenproyorex Fioricet and derivatives Fiorinal Fluspirilene Hempseed Oil Hydroymethamphetamine Ibuprofen - False positives for Marijuana Ketoprofen Kidney disease Kidney infection Lettuce - Both Prickly and Blue Liver disease Liver infection Lodine Lortab - an opioid analgesic Ma Huang Marax Matilija Poppy Mefenorex Menstrual cramp medications like Midol and Trendar Mephentermine Mesocarb Methoxyphenamine Methphenidate Midol Mini-thins Morazone Mormon Tea Most prescription pain medications Motrin Naproxen Nasal decongestants - False positives for Amphetamines Neosynephren Nuprin Nyquil Nyquil Nighttime Cold Medicine - False positives for Methadone up to 2 days Orudis KT OTC diet aids with phenylpropanolamine (Dexatrim, Accutrim) Over-the-counter nasal sprays (Vicks inhaler, Afrin) To learn more....visit the website listed in the source section!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

The only drugs that will show up are basically opium based narcotics, marijuana, cocaine.

You can test positive if you eat poppyseed within 2 days or so of the test for opiates, so you might want to avoid that.

The only drugs that show up in blood/urine over 72 hours duration are cannaboids, such as marijuana or hashish.

Source(s): Mythbusters
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

That's DSM coding for Psychotic disorder not otherwise specified. This means they don't know what's wrong with you so they are trying to see if it's based in any medical or toxicological reasons. Like have you been acting weird because you're on acid.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.