Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 years ago

Why did Newt Gingrich want to talk divorce while his wife's was in hospital recovering from cancer?

That’s all she offers. Now, here is what Newt’s wife Jackie told the Washington Post in a Jan. 3, 1985, profile:

He walked out in the spring of 1980 and I returned to Georgia. By September, I went into the hospital for my third surgery. The two girls came to see me, and said Daddy is downstairs and could he come up? When he got there, he wanted to discuss the terms of the divorce while I was recovering from the surgery … To say I gave up a lot for the marriage is the understatement of the year.”

Best Answer

He has no morals what so ever.

• Janet

Not something the President gets to decide anyway; it's either voters or going to the Supreme Court. So he's entitled to his opinion like anyone else and his relationships are his own business. Personally I support same-sex marriage, always have. But I got bigger worries about the country-- so it's not my key issue for concern about a President.

• justa

As I understand it they had been separated for some time before that, still, its a matter of sensitivity and timing. He could have waited until she was out of the hospital, he didn't need the divorce that fast.

Of course when Newt divorced his second wife, he apparently did that one quickly too, his next wife was in line and maybe she was getting restless.

I suppose when he's tired of them, he just wants them gone. Still the idea that you marry and have children with someone should leave you with a bit of compassion, enough not to inflict the trauma of divorce papers along with the trauma of surgery and cancer

Before the story got cleaned up for his run, the story was out there as originally know, since he's run the story has been changed. This isn't a new thing, only the clean up is new.

Look cheating is one thing and always an issue but Newt takes everything to a different level. We all know that!

Cheating on your wife with cancer while pointing the finger at Clinton's mistake all at the same time!

Newt's Hypocrisy is like no other!

Who cares who asked first his actions were not just cheating they were showing the core of his immoral being.

• Zaza

She has said that she was used by the reporter and totally misquoted.

Newts daughter sets the record straight.

http://www.creators.com/opinion/jackie-gingrich-cu...

It is this visit that has turned into the infamous hospital visit about which many untruths have been told. I won't repeat them. You can look them up online if you are interested in untruths. But here's what happened:

My mother and father were already in the process of getting a divorce, which she requested.

Dad took my sister and me to the hospital to see our mother.

She had undergone surgery the day before to remove a tumor.

The tumor was benign.

As with many divorces, it was hard and painful for all involved, but life continued.

As have many families, we have healed; we have moved on.

She knew it was coming, but that isn't the point. He dragged his filthy face into the hospital and presented the papers then just because he enjoys hurting other people by kicking them while they're down.

• daisy

they were talking about divorcing for 10 years.

Because aside from all else. He didn't want to have relations with a woman before he was divorced. He does have that moral standing. He was hot and needed that woman. He couldn't till he was free.

Our President cheats on capitalism and has an ongoing affair with socialism & you are worried about Newt's marriage.

I can see you are very involved with true political issues...............not.

He didn't

that story was debunked long ago

his wife actually asked him for a divorce

.

Source(s): Her/His daughter

He found a younger woman and he no longer needed her.