J asked in HealthMen's Health · 8 years ago

Does Ritalin stunt your growth?

i take Ritalin for add purposes, and i saw an article that confirmed that Ritalin does stunt your growth, but scientists aren't sure whether or not you have a growth spurt at the end of puberty to make up for this stunt in height, so does Ritalin stunt your growth or not, and will I have a growth spurt at the end of puberty to make up for this?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best Answer

You have specific genes in your make up that turn on 3 times during your life that cause you to grow. The third time these onca genes express is at puberty. Once puberty is over, the growth spurts stop! Ritalin is a very destructive drug that does cause your growth to be stunted by 1 to 2 inches.

Ritalin is a very dumb drug that is being prescribed to address problems that have nothing to do with the root causes. Yes, the symptoms are real and yes, the drug "Treats the symptoms" but does nothing to correct the real problem and it ends up damaging your health on many levels.

Do you know ANYONE that is deficient in a drug?

Vaccines, antibiotics, all take a big toll on your health and none of it is good. Real health is not achieved by taking drugs, but by addressing nutritional deficiencies and getting rid of the toxic load on your body. We are faced with a major health crisis in America today and it is NOT getting better.

In July 2004, Gary Null Ph.D, Carolyn Dean M.D., N.D, Martin Feldman M.D., Debora Rasio M.D., Dorothy Smith Ph.D. wrote a paper that revealed very disturbing facts regarding an annual iatrogenic (induced inadvertently by a physician or surgeon or by medical treatment or diagnostic procedures) death rate of 783,936 in one year. It is further disturbing to realize that as few as 5 percent and only up to 20 percent of iatrogenic acts are ever reported. This means that that iatrogenic death rate of 783,936 is much higher.

As we look at the causes of death from degenerative diseases and other causes in America in 2004, it is obvious we are not good at solving this problem on any level. Deaths from: Heart Disease 652,000, Cancer 553,000, and Stroke 150,000.

When comparing the iatrogenic acts of modern medicine in America with the statistical numbers of people dying of any particular disease, it is evident that the American medical system is the leading cause of death and injury in the United States. And when we look at the cost of these iatrogenic deaths, the cost is in the billions.

A definitive review and close reading of medical peer-review journals, and government health statistics shows that American medicine frequently causes more harm than good. The number of people having in-hospital, adverse drug reactions (ADR) to prescribed medicine is 2.2 million. Dr. Richard Besser, of the CDC, in 1995, said the number of unnecessary antibiotics prescribed annually for viral infections was 20 million. Dr. Besser, in 2003, now refers to tens of millions of unnecessary antibiotics. The number of unnecessary medical and surgical procedures performed annually is 7.5 million. The number of people exposed to unnecessary hospitalization annually is 8.9 million.

These are the people telling you Ritalin is just fine for you to take, but the reality is that it is damaging you greatly. If you want to correct the symptoms you are experiencing, doctors are the wrong people to see about them. It is a nutritional problem, not a medical crisis problem. Watch this video and learn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fduMpYhv1_M

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

Do you know who creates the text books for medical schools that medical students read? Drug companies! Do you know who what lobbyists in Washington are the biggest? Drug companies!

Here's a study for you to see: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-peter-breggin/sti...

Good luck to you

Source(s): Certified Nutritional Therapist B.A. biology & chemistry QRA Practitioner, Author Advanced nutritional research
  • Connor
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

I want to see that research because rarely does research PROVE 100% anything. It only shows evidence towards something, and no offense to you but most people who aren't science majors or don't have the proper education around understanding and interpreting studies misinterpret the results.

I think what the study may show is the drug may affect HGH levels in the body which slows progression of growth while on the drug. However HGH levels may elevate after taking the drug to compensate. However I want to see this study because that sounds like a bogus claim to me. I highly doubt they have proven this is for a fact.

If you are concerned, switch to a different medication, however I'm of the mind that by the time you have hit puberty... you need to learn to monitor yourself and make yourself concintrate, you shouldn't need to be on medication for ADD anymore (severe ADHD is another issue).

If the medication lowers your HGH levels and affects growth, you don't want to be taking the medication because there is no way to gaurentee your body will resume normal growth afterwords.

If Ritalin stunted growth... it would have to be taken off the market OR only given to adults over 21. So that's why I'm reluctant to believe this.

-Connor

Source(s): Pre Med and I was on Ritalin up until middle school
  • Sharon
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

YES DUDE my dad took it when he was a kid for a while and hes an invh shorter than me and im 17...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.