What web solutions are possible if you can not reveal your PHP or database to anyone else?

Let's say you don't want anyone else to get your PHP code, including even the web hosts, and you definitely don't want the database data to be accessed either. What options do you have? I read that you can encrypt PHP by tools such as Zend Guard. Does that really work? I see Youtube videos that show... show more Let's say you don't want anyone else to get your PHP code, including even the web hosts, and you definitely don't want the database data to be accessed either. What options do you have?

I read that you can encrypt PHP by tools such as Zend Guard. Does that really work? I see Youtube videos that show people how to decrypt it. And what about the database?

Based on what I read, a commercial web host can see all your site's administration login details, and so they have access to your site in theory, even if they won't bother normally. That sounds to me like any encryption won't work either.

I read that one could rent "just the server" like with Rackspace. Is that different from using web hosts in terms of hiding your data from the host?