Awkward Situation - I'm 17 years old, and this chick is 14 almost 15?

I put the other question in the wrong topic area, cause I'm a dumbass. Anyway. I am between a rock and a hard place, and the rock has a sharp blade coming out going to impale me, and the rock is slowly coming down, most likely going to crush me. I am 17, and this girl is 14. I don't want to say I... show more I put the other question in the wrong topic area, cause I'm a dumbass.
Anyway.
I am between a rock and a hard place, and the rock has a sharp blade coming out going to impale me, and the rock is slowly coming down, most likely going to crush me.
I am 17, and this girl is 14. I don't want to say I 'love' her, because honestly, how am I supposed to know that? I cannot possibly know that until it happens. Anyway, when this girl is with well, people in general, she acts much more like people I hang out with. Which I assume makes her fairly mature for her age, but again, I wouldn't know. She into pretty much the same things I am into (maybe I am just a fool, who knows) and it's pretty obvious she likes me. I personally wouldn't mind dating her, and I really don't give a darn what most people think. I am a Junior in High School, and she is a Freshmen. Which means I have about 2-3 years left in this school.
She'll be 15 before I turn 18, so 16 before I turn 19, so it's about a 2.5 year age difference.
She has had relationships before, if that means anything, and obviously I have as well. I understand that relationships are built around the ideas of trust, not sex and how someone looks. (I can say that for a fact, since I am one of the least attractive people in this world) I also know, to some extent, what changes happen in early part of freshmen year.
So how this started was a school project. I am taking Drama 1 to finish my drama credit (need 1, had .5) and it's about the end of it. I had been looking at her for a little while, kinda just imaging what she was like and what not. (I am fairly shy, and very rarely start conversations) So when I got into her group for this last project, I needed to get the numbers of all the other people in my group. She and I are really the only ones who actually did anything. So she and I started talking. We talked about what we liked, movies and all sorts of things. And now she and I, im assuming, are fairly good friends. I asked if she would be willing to see a movie (one that I was interested in, and as a friend) and she said yeah. Now I kinda like this girl, (not revealing her name) and I really don't want to look weird for dating a freshmen as a junior.
I can say without a doubt, I would NOT take advantage of her for sex. I've already had sex, and I can say, it's not nearly as great as everyone makes it out to be. And if she wants it, I would have to do the right thing and say no. I can say, I would do this, regardless of what adults think. I love the saying "not all people are the same" and I feel I am a fairly responsible person.
If this relationship were to happen at some point, I would make sure to tread carefully, cause I really don't want to be marked a child molester, pedophile, ect. at 18. Provided that it lasted that long.
Most the girls around my age, grade, ect. are all complete druggies, whores, preppy, annoying, stuck up ect. I personally am not a druggie, and am not interested in them. the rest also just don't interest me.
So what are your guys opinions now that I have this in the right section, have explained the story and have explained the kind of person I am.
Update: -Edit-
I am not that smart.
College is still like 2-3 years away for me. Since I will need to take like a year or so off to get money saved up.
Update 2: -Edit 2-
Dating laws Vary state to state by the way.
Also, please actually read the situation.