Awkward Situation - I'm 17 years old, and this chick is 14 almost 15?

I put the other question in the wrong topic area, cause I'm a dumbass.

Anyway.

I am between a rock and a hard place, and the rock has a sharp blade coming out going to impale me, and the rock is slowly coming down, most likely going to crush me.

I am 17, and this girl is 14. I don't want to say I 'love' her, because honestly, how am I supposed to know that? I cannot possibly know that until it happens. Anyway, when this girl is with well, people in general, she acts much more like people I hang out with. Which I assume makes her fairly mature for her age, but again, I wouldn't know. She into pretty much the same things I am into (maybe I am just a fool, who knows) and it's pretty obvious she likes me. I personally wouldn't mind dating her, and I really don't give a darn what most people think. I am a Junior in High School, and she is a Freshmen. Which means I have about 2-3 years left in this school.

She'll be 15 before I turn 18, so 16 before I turn 19, so it's about a 2.5 year age difference.

She has had relationships before, if that means anything, and obviously I have as well. I understand that relationships are built around the ideas of trust, not sex and how someone looks. (I can say that for a fact, since I am one of the least attractive people in this world) I also know, to some extent, what changes happen in early part of freshmen year.

So how this started was a school project. I am taking Drama 1 to finish my drama credit (need 1, had .5) and it's about the end of it. I had been looking at her for a little while, kinda just imaging what she was like and what not. (I am fairly shy, and very rarely start conversations) So when I got into her group for this last project, I needed to get the numbers of all the other people in my group. She and I are really the only ones who actually did anything. So she and I started talking. We talked about what we liked, movies and all sorts of things. And now she and I, im assuming, are fairly good friends. I asked if she would be willing to see a movie (one that I was interested in, and as a friend) and she said yeah. Now I kinda like this girl, (not revealing her name) and I really don't want to look weird for dating a freshmen as a junior.

I can say without a doubt, I would NOT take advantage of her for sex. I've already had sex, and I can say, it's not nearly as great as everyone makes it out to be. And if she wants it, I would have to do the right thing and say no. I can say, I would do this, regardless of what adults think. I love the saying "not all people are the same" and I feel I am a fairly responsible person.

If this relationship were to happen at some point, I would make sure to tread carefully, cause I really don't want to be marked a child molester, pedophile, ect. at 18. Provided that it lasted that long.

Most the girls around my age, grade, ect. are all complete druggies, whores, preppy, annoying, stuck up ect. I personally am not a druggie, and am not interested in them. the rest also just don't interest me.

So what are your guys opinions now that I have this in the right section, have explained the story and have explained the kind of person I am.

-Edit-

I am not that smart.

College is still like 2-3 years away for me. Since I will need to take like a year or so off to get money saved up.

-Edit 2-

Dating laws Vary state to state by the way.

Also, please actually read the situation.

Hey man. I'm in the same situation as you are. I'm 17 (senior) dating a 14 (freshman) I thought it'd be awkward and had all the thoughts you explained. I decided to not care and went with it. And ever since that say things have been amazing. If you think there is a shot at her being the one. Take it. You'll regret it down the road if you ignore it.

I don't think it's weird at all. I'm a Junior in High School as well, and there are plenty of girls who date older guys. If you like her, then you like her and you should go for it. You still have time before you would have to leave for college, and who's to say that you will still be dating her (assuming that you do wind up going out) when you do go off to college? I don't think anyone would consider you a "child molester" or a "pedophile" as long as you aren't taking advantage of her, but you should definitely make sure her parents won't freak out. I dated a Senior my Freshman year, and my dad met with the guy's parents and explained what would happen if their son tried anything. Parents tend to be overprotective at times. But yeah, like I said, go for it. :)

You said it a few times, "I dont give a darn what people think." & then you say "I don't want to look weird dating a freshman as a junior." So, pick which one, & go for it, or miss out on what could be a really good relationship. But consider her & her family & her friends. Would her family approve of you? Are you positive she likes you? Do you know that she isn't like all the other girls in your grade? Consider those & figure them out, & then do what YOU want. :)

People always teach us to not care what other people think. Personally, I think that in your situation, if you genuinely like the girl and she genuinely likes you, there shouldn't be a problem. A two and a half year age difference isn't much, maybe it seems a lot now, but I doubt you'd be marked a "child molester" if you treat her right, a little teasing about that maybe, but no serious accusations.

I dont think you need to explain the situation to us, we are not the ones you like! Haha but i think that it could work out, I mean if she feels that she is ready to take on the responsibility and all. You have to remember at that age girls are soo fragile and hormone crazy so please please be careful, and I know you seem like a nice boy and that you will. If you really like her I say go for it man! Tell her what you told us, I mean she will want to know and I think that will really ease her in, and not freak her out about going out with an older guy. Good luck!! Please say how it went!! :)

My friend, listen to me now. This is the rule that you should commit to your memory:

HALF YOUR AGE PLUS SEVEN.

(17/2) + 7 = 15.5 years old

You 2 old 4 her my man.

But realize that the longer you wait, the more appropriate it becomes. Redo the formula in a few years and maybe u b good 2 go. good luck my good man.

Source(s): The Holy And Unwritten Truths Of Dating

The most simple answer I can give you is that you got two choices. You can date her, but remember that you'll be going to college soon, or you just don't date her and wait for all the pretty girls in college.

• Sally

The only thing I'm going to say is....if you have sex with her, and you get busted, you WILL be labeled, (picture on the internet, drivers license record, etc) a sex criminal....you decide what to do!

i agree with the college idea! dating in high school is such a mess! you start dating.. you go away to college and try to stay together or simply break up. it is not easy stuff- but if she likes you and you like her, screw what the others think and go to town!

i think its okay to like her and be frens as long as it doesnt involve sex its illegal. u seam like a nice guy and liking her for all the right reasons. u didnt enjoy sex its prob becoz it was ur first time as research show no one enjoys it as much the first time. for women its after the first 4 times they start enjoying sex.... ne hoo talking is alrigh its not pedaphile like... guys like younger girls its understood.