Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

If you were praying in a group, would it count if you said "Ditto" when it was your turn?

Would god understand and respect that?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

"Amen" is the term you're looking for.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Yes

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

He would find it highly offensive and do THIS to you-

"Behold, I the Lord will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces, even the dung of your solemn feasts; and one shall take you away with it." - Malachi 2:3

...Then he would do THIS to your sons, daughters and friends-

"And I the Lord will cause them to eat the flesh of their sons and the flesh of their daughters, and they shall eat every one the flesh of his friend." - Jeremiah 19:9

------------------------------

Which means you would eat all your sons, daughters and friends while animal manure is smeared all over your face!

NOT a pretty picture! DON'T say "Ditto" in front of this god!!!

• Terrel
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

I think saying ditto comes across as a cliche and makes one sound like a smarty pants. It would be better to say something like "I completely agree with what has already been said and can't add anything further."

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

When you ask, "Would it 'count'?" I get the impression you're in some kind of competition. Prayer is an effort to make a connection with God. It is not a competition. God is not finite, so if She attends to one person's prayer it doesn't diminish Her attention to another.

If your reaction actually is "Ditto," then that's what your reaction is. It is what it is.

• Junior
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

If it was from your heart, sure. If you were trying to be a clown, no. He knows the heart and cannot be fooled.

Most people in a group setting simply speak in agreement during a prayer if that's how they feel, something like "yes Lord" or "amen" and if they don't want to pray they skip their turn....it's not a forced situation. (If it is, consider you're attending the wrong kind of group if they don't permit individual freedom.)

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Only if your god is Rush Limbaugh.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Long as your ditto was sincere.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I think that's reasonable. But I'd rather just shrug and fart.

• Ray
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

God is trying to teach us to create with our words. What you suggest will create nothing. Better to just sut up.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

a narrow-minded God would find it intolerable.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.