Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

If you were praying in a group, would it count if you said "Ditto" when it was your turn?

Would god understand and respect that?

Favorite Answer

"Amen" is the term you're looking for.

Yes

He would find it highly offensive and do THIS to you-

"Behold, I the Lord will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces, even the dung of your solemn feasts; and one shall take you away with it." - Malachi 2:3

...Then he would do THIS to your sons, daughters and friends-

"And I the Lord will cause them to eat the flesh of their sons and the flesh of their daughters, and they shall eat every one the flesh of his friend." - Jeremiah 19:9

------------------------------

Which means you would eat all your sons, daughters and friends while animal manure is smeared all over your face!

NOT a pretty picture! DON'T say "Ditto" in front of this god!!!

• Terrel

I think saying ditto comes across as a cliche and makes one sound like a smarty pants. It would be better to say something like "I completely agree with what has already been said and can't add anything further."

When you ask, "Would it 'count'?" I get the impression you're in some kind of competition. Prayer is an effort to make a connection with God. It is not a competition. God is not finite, so if She attends to one person's prayer it doesn't diminish Her attention to another.

If your reaction actually is "Ditto," then that's what your reaction is. It is what it is.

.

• Junior

If it was from your heart, sure. If you were trying to be a clown, no. He knows the heart and cannot be fooled.

Most people in a group setting simply speak in agreement during a prayer if that's how they feel, something like "yes Lord" or "amen" and if they don't want to pray they skip their turn....it's not a forced situation. (If it is, consider you're attending the wrong kind of group if they don't permit individual freedom.)

Only if your god is Rush Limbaugh.

Long as your ditto was sincere.

I think that's reasonable. But I'd rather just shrug and fart.

• Ray

God is trying to teach us to create with our words. What you suggest will create nothing. Better to just sut up.

a narrow-minded God would find it intolerable.