What is nata pratha and what is the difference between nata and getting remarried? India?

I saw this Indian hindi soap opera "balika vadhu" yesterday and I came to know about naata pratha which is prevalent in villages of India and is approved by jati panch of villages and Indian societies.

Source: http://www.hindu.com/2000/06/18/stories/13180619.h...

http://forum.punjabijunktion.co.in/f146/balika-vad...

So if a girl is divorced/widowed ain't she has right to get remarried? Nowadays many girls and boys are divorced and getting remarried, nothing big deal in that. So if a girl remarry does that mean she's going on naata. Whats the difference between naata pratha and divorcee/widowed girl getting remarried?

@Happy-2, this site is for all and don't you have sense I have asked this in Indian category and if thts not enough, I wrote India clearly in title. Indians will understand what I mean and if u r non-indian and did not understand my question then you should have better mind your own business and stayed away from my question. I don't understand why this non-indians always interfere in other's business. Get some life

Best Answer

naata means "relation" ...pratha means "social dogmas" ..pratha cud be gud or bad...its actually a form of social acceptance....the dogmas cud be sati system, child marriage, widow remarriage...so on, these dogmas were prevalent during pre-independece period...although these dogmas have been eradicated, u may hear abt "dowry" being imposed on girls family...though these are fast reducing (except in rural india)..

although i have not seen ths particular serial....i cud say it wud have to do something regarding these social dogmas.....u cud get a glimpse of certain key issues on indian soaps but to find out the actual history you should read contemporary indian history !!

• yellow

the 1st means that she replaced into lecturing them or something alongside those strains, and that they weren't paying interest or did no longer care. In different words, she replaced into yelling at them, minus the loud area of yelling. =) it is not, besides the undeniable fact that, ideal English. the 2nd is ideal English and ability only that she replaced into speaking with (or "to", the two recommend an identical element) them

Re marry we say in Gujarati NAATRU it means re merry no any specific for widow or divorcy

You seem to be oblivious to the fact that this is an English language site. Go ask your question wherever they speak whatever language that is that you are using.